Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdts Install.. Nope! Now I Remember..

Options

.. WHY I've never purchased a BD product. A few years back I downloaded a trial of BD A/V and it was constantly having signature update problems. I came to the forum back then and noticed this was a prevalent problem.. so I uninstalled it and gave up.

Fast forward to today..

I had to do a clean (from ''bare metal'') install of Windows XP (32-bit Home and yes.. it's been totally updated including SP3) so I thought to maybe try something else besides the security suite Charter gives me (F-Secure). Did some research. and noticed that BD was deemed the best by several test groups. So I came and downloaded one of those stupid little ''before you REALLY download it'' executables. I fired up Revo Uninstaller Pro to monitor the install because I know how buggy BD can be. The installation began and downloaded in full according to the dialog box, then began installing. At 55% it stopped.. froze up everything but my mouse.. I COULD open task manager but then IT froze too.

Thinking it might be Revo I decided not to monitor it after a cold hard reboot. This time it got to 58% then froze. I came back here and got the uninstall tool as even though I had a generic shortcut icon on the desktop.. I knew it was only half installed. It ran fine but said it needed a reboot. After that the windows ''Install new hardware'' dialog kept popping up saying it was looking for drivers for ''BitDefender AVC HV'' and ''System'' so obviously.. the tool had not finished it's job. <sigh>..

So here I am.. with a HALF installed utility I can't seem to get rid of.. oh.. BTW.. did I mention I tried a 3rd time and it got to 60% and froze? I get no error messages either. Only a power button shutdown and fresh start cures the freeze. Of course.. now everytime I boot I get Windows searching for some non-existant drivers for some BD ''remnants''.

Such a shame you guys can make such a highly-praised but buggy product! But it's a good thing I just spent 4 hours on a fresh clean XP install because it looks like I'm going to have a repeat again tonight. Only two things installed so far were Revo and Adobe Reader.

I know what you're going to say.. but no.. I don't have the time and dedication to generate a log for you.. and I'm NOT going to let someone remotely pick over my PC! (See?.. I HAVE been reading this forum!) Apparently glitchy half-baked installs abound here as well.

So I'm off to another HD format, OS install and such. Soon as I'm back up and running I'm off to ESET's site. I don't want to get anywhere near this junk again.

Comments

• As you are telling that why don't you contact the technical support team and open a ticket for this,they must and should have helped you and moreover this kind of glitches may also not be possible due to software but may be also due to hardware.I heard this kind of many problems occurred here which are very rare and got resolved earlier.Even I am also using BD,I also face many problems like this but after discussing in the forum it got resolved

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi

Welcome yo our forums.

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services.

Thank you for taking the time and please do not hesitate to contact us if you need further details from us.

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.