Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

A Way To Completely Disable Traffic Light Module Without Deleting Bdtl.dll

Options

Hi,

Feature Request: A way to completely disable traffic light module without deleting Bdtl.dll

I have been reading the forum and a lot of peoples are having problem with the traffic light module. (slow browsing, internet application error)

In my case, 80% of the time when I download an exe file, I get a different md5 checksum and the file is corrupted.

I think its because BitDefender and some Proxy don't work well together. The user has no power on the proxy he is using.

The issue has be known for more than 5 month and there is still no fix. If the Bitdefender Team doesn't want to fix the traffic light module can they offer a way to completely disable the traffic light module / NetDefender / Http Scanning?

Thanks,

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello

Thank you for your feedback.

Renaming the Bdtl.dll is just a workaround that we use in some cases to see if the issue is produced by the TrafficLight module or the HTTP Scanner.

It is not a permanent solution and we do provide instructions to stop product updates in case the user need to use the workaround until the update is released via Automatic Updates.

Take care.