Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Adaware Conflict

Options

trying to install Bitdefender, it said there was a conflict with adaware and did I want bitdefender to unistall it. I clicked yes. Now I just get an error that adaware cant start because a mia.lib file is missing. I have reinstalled adaware, deleted it through windows uninstall program, searched my computer for any adaware files, and find nothing. But bitdefender still seems to insist that there is adaware on my computer and i can't get past the mia.lib file is missing.

I emailed customer support. they emailed me back and asked for screen shots of this. I sent them. and have not heard back, even after I have emailed them twice more. Needless to say, I am quite frustrated. I have never had such difficulty with a program before.

Comments

• LordNakhlan
    LordNakhlan ✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options
    trying to install Bitdefender, it said there was a conflict with adaware and did I want bitdefender to unistall it. I clicked yes. Now I just get an error that adaware cant start because a mia.lib file is missing. I have reinstalled adaware, deleted it through windows uninstall program, searched my computer for any adaware files, and find nothing. But bitdefender still seems to insist that there is adaware on my computer and i can't get past the mia.lib file is missing.

I emailed customer support. they emailed me back and asked for screen shots of this. I sent them. and have not heard back, even after I have emailed them twice more. Needless to say, I am quite frustrated. I have never had such difficulty with a program before.

I believe this is an InstallAware issue. Have you tried clearing out all of your %TEMP% files on your PC? I mean delete the contents of all of your temporary folders and perhaps all sub-folders as well. Reboot your PC and see if you can try reinstalling BitDefender. See if that works and let us know.

EDIT: By the way, I am just a user and not associated with BitDefender, but I wanted to try and help.

• columbo
    Options

Yes, unfortunately there isn't an uninstall tool for Ad Aware, and is only suggested to use Revo Uninstaller to completely uninstall it.

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=30850

Did you try Bitdefender phone support?

BDphonesupport.jpg

• kammies
    edited February 2012
    Options

The Revo Uninstaller did the trick!! thanks for all your replies.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited February 2012
    Options

Super :) Thanks for letting us know :)

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

That software is well known for leaving leftovers in the system.

You can clean them our with any temp files and registry cleaner.

You have the installations steps here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=44

Take care.