Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unfair Policy For Bd Lifetime Edition

Options

To whom it may concern,

I bought a bd lifetime edition and I just knowed later on that this lifetime license will bind on a specific PC.

I really wonder why BB design it to be bind to a specific PC.

What if my computer is broken and I do not want to fix it anymore but, Instead, I decided to buy a new one?

I think this is not fair for me. I decided to buy the true license, the legal one, instead of finding a crack and use the illegal one but I will lost my license for free if my PC was broken and I decide not to fix it.

I think you should not bind a license to a specific PC because the reason above. besides, the customer will buy you a extra license anyway if they have another PC.

BD should not take the chance on a pain of the customer who have loyalty to BD products and chose to paid for it.

Please give this notice to BD superior who can have the decition power to make change this policy for this product.

At least BD should consiter about what I said and the pain of the customer who paid for your legal product.

Anyone who agree with me please help me comment on this post.

So that BD will know that their policy on this product is not fair for consumer who loyally paid for their product.

Thank you.

Comments

• Rolacka
    edited February 2012
    Options

I would tend to agree this is a bad policy, I just bought this lifetime deal, tbh I thought it was a 5 year for 1 pc offer.. anyway for pretty much the same money I could have had a 3 year license for 1 PC without any hardware id link, what I will most likely do is get a refund on this as I believe you have 30 days to get your cash back.

• Just found this:

" What happens if I upgrade my computer hardware?

You may upgrade your computer hardware without affecting Bitdefender PC Lifetime Edition.

However, changing a system component, such as the motherboard may affect the product.

When this situation occurs, please contact us so that we may assist you in reinstalling the product."

I think if your board fails as mine most likely will as its almost 4 years old now & overclocked to oblivion & they say they help get the program running again, then that's fair enough, but I'm sure it will be only within the 5 years, their guess-timation of a PC's lifetime.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

Please check out this article about Bitdefender PC Lifetime Edition:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/Bitdefe...dition-905.html

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Thank you.

• jasward
    Options

Please check out this article about Bitdefender PC Lifetime Edition:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/Bitdefe...dition-905.html

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Thank you.

I agree with the first poster, taking into account too the statement at the BitDefender support page that - "However, changing a system component, such as the motherboard may affect the product."

Two points I wish to make -

1. I think that, overall, persons most likely to want take up the 'Lifetime' edition are persons also more likely to modify and upgrade their PCs on a regular basis (I do so at least every 18 months). Realistically, who - other than people who know little about and make relatively little use of their PCs - keeps a PC for five years without either replacing it or making major hardware upgrades?

2. At current pricing, the OEM version of both the Internet Security and Total Security products, if bought on an annual (one year license) basis, would in total cost less than the current asking price for the 5 year license. Accordingly, it seems to me one is already paying a (albeit minor) premium for the 5 year version (sorry, but it seems just too silly to call it a 'Lifetime' license), principally for the convenience of making the single purchase. On the flipside, one is also making a major commitment of loyalty to BitDefender, given the fierce competition between the numerous software vendors of security products, which means that over a five year period one or more competing suites could well establish a clearer lead as a 'better' product.

Taking into account the foregoing, it seems to me unduly restrictive, and highly counter-productive to potential sales of the relevant BitDefender products, to restrict in any way the use of the 5 year license over the 'Lifetime' period, other than that it should of course be restricted to a single installation on a single PC throughout the license period.

I might be tempted by the 5 year license, principally for the convenience of it, but NOT under the current veiled 'threat' that the licensing might be withdrawn at any time if I upgrade any significant internal component of my PC.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

My colleague George will return shortly with an answer regarding the last post.

Thank you in advance for understanding.

• Hello jasward,

In regards to the scenario you are referring to, we will make an exception if you contact us before registering the new Bitdefender installation on the new computer and / or O.S. The most convenient solution would be to have the license key replaced by customer service.

Regards,

George