Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

New At Bd

Options

Another one that is from Kaspersy. I just want to know if there is a way to have BD run a full scan and a vulnerability scan on a schedule? Also is there a way to have BD tell me that I need to restart my computer when it downloads updates that need to have a restart without me pulling up and checking the reports page.

Comments

• columbo
    Options

Hi ruffs, and welcome :)

The Vulnerability Scan runs automatically in the background, I'm not sure how often, but like the update that needs a reboot, those are found in the Events section.

As far as scheduling a full scan, is not an option. Yet, if any consolation, you can create a Custom Scan that will shut down your PC after it runs. For me personally, since we have a very good antiphishing component of B.D., as well as Active Virus Control, On Access Scanning and Auto Scan, a scheduled full scan has not really been an issue for me, as I just manually run that every week or two.

If you have any more questions, feel free to post them. The User Manuals can be found on my link below. :)

Scott

• columbo
    columbo
    edited February 2012
    Options

Just a follow up ;) You can confirm that your Status Alerts are on: open main UI/Settings/General/Advanced/Configure Status Alerts. The main UI upper toolbar will display warning colors for issues that need attention. The Notification Area Icon will also display colors of status, Red/Yellow/Auto Pilot(A)/Game mode(G), as far status, warning/issue colors. Those can be found on page 11,19 and 21, of the 2012 Internet Security manual.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

Welcome to our community.

Let me know if you need anything else from us or if you have other questions.

Thank you.

• Just a follow up ;) You can confirm that your Status Alerts are on: open main UI/Settings/General/Advanced/Configure Status Alerts. The main UI upper toolbar will display warning colors for issues that need attention. The Notification Area Icon will also display colors of status, Red/Yellow/Auto Pilot(A)/Game mode(G), as far status, warning/issue colors. Those can be found on page 11,19 and 21, of the 2012 Internet Security manual.

I checked the Configure Status Alerts, and all that it has is on or off and don't see any way to change anything other than on or off on the alerts. Like I say the only alerts that I see is when I click on the program on the bottom of my tool bar and BD comes up and I see on the events button that I need to do something like restart my computer. I don't use the game mode and when I looked at the manual I just don't see anything about giving alerts that I can see with out clicking on BD.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited February 2012
    Options

Hi ruffus,

Maybe this information will help. Taken from the bottom of the main console, Help and Support -> Browse Help -> Update (those settings are changed in the Update settings):

Update processing rules

You can choose between three ways to download and install updates:

* Silent update - Bitdefender automatically downloads and implements the update.

* Prompt before downloading - every time an update is available, you will be prompted before downloading it.

* Prompt before installing - every time an update was downloaded, you will be prompted before installing it.

Some updates require a restart to complete the installation. By default, if an update requires a restart, Bitdefender will keep working with the old files until the user voluntarily restarts the computer. This is to prevent the Bitdefender update process from interfering with the user's work. If you want to be prompted when an update requires a restart, turn off the Postpone reboot option by clicking the corresponding switch.

Also from that same Help path above, if you wanted more pop up information/decisions, beside a update needing a re-boot, you could disable Auto Pilot:

While on Auto Pilot, Bitdefender applies an optimal security configuration and takes all security-related decisions for you. This means you will see no pop-ups, no alerts and you will not have to configure any settings whatsoever.

Hope this helps :)

Scott

• Hi ruffus,

Maybe this information will help. Taken from the bottom of the main console, Help and Support -> Browse Help -> Update (those settings are changed in the Update settings):

Update processing rules

You can choose between three ways to download and install updates:

* Silent update - Bitdefender automatically downloads and implements the update.

* Prompt before downloading - every time an update is available, you will be prompted before downloading it.

* Prompt before installing - every time an update was downloaded, you will be prompted before installing it.

Some updates require a restart to complete the installation. By default, if an update requires a restart, Bitdefender will keep working with the old files until the user voluntarily restarts the computer. This is to prevent the Bitdefender update process from interfering with the user's work. If you want to be prompted when an update requires a restart, turn off the Postpone reboot option by clicking the corresponding switch.

Also from that same Help path above, if you wanted more pop up information/decisions, beside a update needing a re-boot, you could disable Auto Pilot:

While on Auto Pilot, Bitdefender applies an optimal security configuration and takes all security-related decisions for you. This means you will see no pop-ups, no alerts and you will not have to configure any settings whatsoever.

Hope this helps :)

Scott

Thanks for the info. I just clicked off the wait for restart switch, so that should take care of that problem. As for the other I think that I'll keep the Auto Pilot on.

Thanks again,

ruffus

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

That's great.

If you need any further assistance on this, please feel free to let us know.

Have a great day.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I just clicked off the wait for restart switch, so that should take care of that problem. As for the other I think that I'll keep the Auto Pilot on.

Thanks again,

ruffus

Your welcome :) and I agree with that, good way to get what you want, and yet to keep all those background security decisions up and running as Bitdefender designed it to be.

Can I give you a bonus Bitdefender feature tip? On your main console, you can put your cursor on a Panel, just under the Panel description, and you will get a 4 arrow cursor in which you can move the panels to what you want to see first, second, third etc. It's pretty cool.

Glad you were helped. :)

movepanel.jpg

• Thanks for the info. I just clicked off the wait for restart switch, so that should take care of that problem. As for the other I think that I'll keep the Auto Pilot on.

Thanks again,

ruffus

Well it seems that when I switch off the wait for restart switch it also turns off the Auto Pilot.

So I went back to it not telling me about a restart unless I happen to have BD up full.

If there was a way that BD could just have a flag on it's logo at the bottom toolbar that could stand out then it would be easy to see.

ruffus

• rootkit
    Options

Hello ruffus :)

The Bitdefender 2012 were designed as silent security products.

Switching any modules and options from the product will also turn off the Auto Pilot. Also, there is no need to reboot the PC right in that moments. I know that some events will be created, but the update is scheduled for the next reboot.

Thank you.

• Hello ruffus :)

The Bitdefender 2012 were designed as silent security products.

Switching any modules and options from the product will also turn off the Auto Pilot. Also, there is no need to reboot the PC right in that moments. I know that some events will be created, but the update is scheduled for the next reboot.

Thank you.

Thanks for the info. Your info helps and I just won't worry too much about a restart.

Thanks again

ruffus

• rootkit
    Options

Hi ruffus :)

I am glad that my answer has helpful. In this case, I declare this topic closed. If you have other questions, please open a new one here. :)

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.