Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cloud - Based Whitelisting

Options
BorisVasilev22
edited February 2012 in Feature request

Cloud - based whitelisting is very popular among antivirus software and many companies are using it to speed up the scans and the overall performance. Such feature in Bitdefender will ensure it keeps the highest detection rate and improve it's speed. You already have cloud antivirus available in romanian language and you have many users, so I bet it won't be that hard to implement. Cloud - based whitelisting can also lower the number of false positives and you will be able to set higher levels of Active Virus Control and Intrusion Detection System by default. This will greatly increase the security.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options

Hello :)

Bitdefender 2012 and Bitdefender 2011, both have a cloud based system implemented that is sued actively on machines that have an internet connection.

Basically, this system was implemented in the Free product(the Romanian version).

Thank you.

• Rampant
    Options

As far as I know, a quick scan uses a "cloud" technology, why not use these technologies more widely?

• rootkit
    Options

There are some plans for the future, but for now the information is not public.

I will let you know if I have new information.

Take care.

• Rampant
    Options

Well, wait a March)

• rootkit
    Options

Hello

It could take longer than that :)

Have a great weekend.

• columbo
    Options

What is the difference between whitelisting, and av signatures? Is whitelisting purly based on known good files, reputation of known files, and thus do not need to be scanned, and av signatures or only for new/unknown files? Or do they all get scanned no matter what, upon downloading, or when accessing?

Thanks for your help :)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options

Whitelisting for Bitdefender means that a file is declared clean by checking some factors like digital signatures, file name, location, reputation. After the file is scanned for the first time is added in a clean set and that file will only be scanned if is modified. If not, it will be skipped.

A signature is made when a file is manually/automatically analyzed and declared INFECTED. This is pushed on the servers to update the products.

For a whitelist process, these is no need for signatures. Is basically a database with system files and known files.

Thank you

• columbo
    Options

Thank you for that clarification Christian, I appreciate it. :)

• rootkit
    Options

Hi Scott :)

You are most welcome.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Take care.

• I ment something like Norton Insight or Kaspersky Secure Network that keeps the hashes of known good and bad files on their servers. I didn't ment this database of already scaned items, but anyway since all the companies are having it now and you haven't sayed no, that answers the question. ^_^

I am surprised by your forum by the way and especially from Christian. You are working very hard.

• rootkit
    Options

We will see what we can do for the next iteration of Bitdefender desktop products.

For now, these information is not public.

Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate.

Take care.