Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Removing Threats While Still Scanning

Options

I've noticed that the scanning holds the threats on the PC and attempts to remove them after it's completed. However scans can take very long time and in that time the threat might be working on the system. It would be better for Bitdefender to take the proper action on threats, right after they are discovered or at least terminate the process and at the end to process the file.

Comments

• coolcool1227
    Options
    I've noticed that the scanning holds the threats on the PC and attempts to remove them after it's completed. However scans can take very long time and in that time the threat might be working on the system. It would be better for Bitdefender to take the proper action on threats, right after they are discovered or at least terminate the process and at the end to process the file.

Kindly read this post.

• Kindly read this post.

I don't want to read this long post, but it's very unprofessional from antivirus to keep threats on the system, untill the scan has concluded. Also I've noticed that the 2012 version doesn't terminate malware's processes. When they are active it justs flags them for deletion on the next boot. Untill then they can work. If you are in auto-pilot you want even know there is a threat and you can stay whole day with it.

• coolcool1227
    Options
    I don't want to read this long post, but it's very unprofessional from antivirus to keep threats on the system, untill the scan has concluded. Also I've noticed that the 2012 version doesn't terminate malware's processes. When they are active it justs flags them for deletion on the next boot. Untill then they can work. If you are in auto-pilot you want even know there is a threat and you can stay whole day with it.

Ok, I asked the same question that

"How do Bitdefender protect infected items from spreading which are detected during scan, since it takes action at the end of Scan?"

And got reply

"None. OnDemand scans are targeted at detecting and removing inactive threats. If a certain infected file is active, or it's accessed by another (clean or malware) process, then BitDefender Realtime Protection will react, in which case an active prevention method will be started in order to block that request."

• BorisVasilev22
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Ok, I asked the same question that

"How do Bitdefender protect infected items from spreading which are detected during scan, since it takes action at the end of Scan?"

And got reply

"None. OnDemand scans are targeted at detecting and removing inactive threats. If a certain infected file is active, or it's accessed by another (clean or malware) process, then BitDefender Realtime Protection will react, in which case an active prevention method will be started in order to block that request."

So, the active prevention method is to leave the virus untill the PC is restarted. That's great. I switched to Norton last night after i was very tired of dealing with Bitdefender. Last night I checked my HDD for errors and the disk check utility fixed some errors in the definition files of BD. After that real-time protection was no-longer available. Before that I stopped recieving updates (I was using the facebook 90-days trial), because of a bug in the registration module. Bitdefender is a great product, but it needs a lot of improvement to beome the best.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello everyone.

Some clarifications are needed here.

First off all, Bitdefender has a Real Time Protection module(on Access) and a scanning module(on Demand).

The first one protects the machine in real time by scanning the memory, the registry, the web traffic and all accessed resources. The second one is for scanning the machine.

If a malware is detected using the on Demand scanner, the actions for that threat are scheduled to the end of the scan. There is no way that malware could spread because it will be blocked by the on Access scanner(the protection module).

Take care.

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options

Sometimes it happened that the Bitdefender fails to take action and shows "Object was not found".

Read this post also.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

That happens because the On Access protection module has already discovered that file and deleted/removed/ it.

Thank you.

• Hello :)

That happens because the On Access protection module has already discovered that file and deleted/removed/ it.

Thank you.

The on-access protection doesn't want to delete a file if it's active in the memory and it keeps the process untill the computer is restarted, while it displays no message about a needed restart. This should really be changed. Older versions were killing active processes.

• rootkit
    Options

Some processes can not be killed when the operating or some critical software are loaded in the memory.

That why the disinfection process is postponed to the next restart. These actions appear in Events and scan logs.

Thank you.

• I've noticed that the scanning holds the threats on the PC and attempts to remove them after it's completed. However scans can take very long time and in that time the threat might be working on the system. It would be better for Bitdefender to take the proper action on threats, right after they are discovered or at least terminate the process and at the end to process the file.

I found the similar query in the topic http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=33352. Did you check this?

I am in favor of taking proper actions at the end, all at once.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

The discussion will continue over here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=33352

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.