Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Install With Cd

Options

Buyer beware: I bought the BD CD install package just so I could avoid endless downloading but it seems none of the install files are actually on the CD. I have limited bandwidth and I think BD thinks everyone has a T3 or faster. I would rather install a CD that's a couple months old then get the updates than have to install the entire program via the web. This program is Monstrous! After 2 hours I am at 39% "Downloading application files" and at 9% "install files" at my max DL rate of 1.5 meg if I'm lucky.

Please don't sell a CD that doesn't contain what it says it does. It's frustrating and annoying.

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

First of all all, it is not a CD, it is a DVD. Do you have a DVD unit on your PC?

The installation kit is around 250 MB, most of it are definitions and required software like Microsoft .Net and Microsoft C++ Redistributable.

You could also download the offline kit from your work PC and put it on an USB stick and install it at home.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=27870

Thank you.

• Hello :)

First of all all, it is not a CD, it is a DVD. Do you have a DVD unit on your PC?

The installation kit is around 250 MB, most of it are definitions and required software like Microsoft .Net and Microsoft C++ Redistributable.

You could also download the offline kit from your work PC and put it on an USB stick and install it at home.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=27870

Thank you.

Oh I'm sorry Christian, I thought it was a CD since it has almost NOTHING on it. And the case the "DVD" comes in does not specify anywhere that it is a dvd.

Do I have a dvd unit on my computer? Ummmm....yea, so? I must since I used the "DVD" that has only 250meg of nothing apparently on a 4gb disk. Makes sense... The disk instantly accesses the internet for the entire program, something I was trying to avoid. 387meg downloaded when all was said and done and that was for only BDAV Plus 2012 and I had to do that three separate times for three separate computers totaling well over a gb and more than 7 hours!!

I do my work at home with my own crappy internet connection. I don't have a separate work connection that I can mooch off of for my own personal use like you do apparently. I got the disk thinking it would save me time and money, it didn't.

My original post stands... Buyer beware.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options

• rootkit
    Options

Welcome back.

The backup DVD has more that 250 MB of data on it. It has the 32 bit offline kit and the one for 64 bit systems. Also, all the documentation and the Rescue CD that can be used to scan the PC outside the operating system.

The installation can be made fully offline. When you are prompted by the installation kit to check for a new version, just choose No.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Take care.

• The installation can be made fully offline. When you are prompted by the installation kit to check for a new version, just choose No.

Ok Christian, I tried it again on a friends XP-SP3 computer with updates current to today. There is at no time a prompt to say "No" to "check for a new version." The installation guide reads: "It is recommended that your computer be connected to the Internet during the installation, even when installing from a CD/DVD. If newer versions of the application files than those included in the installation package are available, Bitdefender will download and install them." And since updates are constant, there are always "newer versions."

● To install Bitdefender from the installation disc, insert the disc in the optical drive. A welcome screen should be displayed in a few moments. Follow the instructions to start installation. Note: The welcome screen provides an option to copy the installation package from the installation disc to a USB storage device. This is useful if you need to install Bitdefender on a computer that does not have a disc drive (for example, on a netbook). Insert the storage device into the USB drive and then click Copy to USB. Afterwards, go to the computer without a disc drive, insert the storage device into the USB drive and double-click runsetup.exe from the folder where you have saved the installation package." There is no mention of anything you are saying.

There are only two options: "Install" and "Copy to USB." The Install immediately begins to download the "Installaller." So, I disconnected my Internet connection directly and tried it again and it still started with "Downloading Installer." When it 'timed out' it responds with "your computer needs to be rebooted to continue." I rebooted and tried again. It immediately started with "Download Installer." When it timed out after about 3-4 minutes it then started to install the program from the disk.

The install seemed to go normally until I rebooted and several services didn't start up. The Soundcard, network connection,and Bitdefender itself didn't load for over 5 minutes. I couldn't even shut down normally because the entire computer locked up. I did an Image backup prior to the install just in case this happened, so no problem, but needless to say, my friend wants nothing to do with it. What a pain in the buttock this is.

The Win7 installs I did originally seem to be working fine other than the on/off autoscan issue I brought up in the other thread.

So, you were right, just not in the way you said. I was able to install the program from the DVD only after disconnecting my computer from the internet completely but then it didn't work and crashed the computer. I restored it with the backup so no harm done, but my original post stands.

Buyer Beware!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options

That PC meets the system requirements listed here?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=44

Also, the internet connection is recommend during the installation, but not mandatory.

You can unplug the cable install Bitdefender 2012 completely offline.

After that, you can plug the cable back and run an update from the main interface. Reboot and the new product update will be installed.

The PC should work just fine with the latest product update.

Also, you can send me a log to further investigate the current situation.

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Thank you.

• shpshftr@netzero.net
    edited February 2012
    Options

That PC meets the system requirements listed here?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=44

The PC I was installing on:

XPPro SP3 32bit

Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz

3gb DDR3 Ram

Gigabyte X58A-UD7 Motherboard

Yes, it meets all the requirements.

You can unplug the cable install Bitdefender 2012 completely offline.

Yes, that is what I did, that is not what you said to do. You said:

The installation can be made fully offline. When you are prompted by the installation kit to check for a new version, just choose No.

But I am glad we now agree.

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

I have tried and it isn't working. That is the issue in the other thread.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=32436

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited February 2012
    Options

Welcome back.

I have posted in that topic.

Please follow the steps and send me the required data.

Thank you.