Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved] Fatal Error During The Installation Process

Options
SkyEagleAndrew
edited February 2012 in Installation

I purchased Bit Defender Total Security 2012 which is advertised to be able to be installed on up to 3 PCs.

I installed it on the first one and it installed perfectly. Then I copied the installer to my flash drive to install it on the second one.

When I tried to install it on the second one I noticed that the area where the installer says "Downloading application files" was already marked as finished which seemed a bit odd since it should of needed to download the files and then a second later it said that a fatal error occurred during the installation process.

I called up the customer service line and we did lots of troubleshooting. The guy I was speaking to from the Customer Service department had me download the installer again and I tried to install it...didn't work. Of course after each attempt to install, the installer makes you reboot your PC.

So, I rebooted and tried again with the fresh installer... didn't work. The same error came up again.

So then he asked me to install and run the Bitdefender unintaller to make sure the previous installer didn't install anything that would conflict with the installation process. I ran the uninstaller and then rebooted the PC and tried again. Didn't work, same error.

So now he wanted me to right-click on the installer and click "properties" and then "unblock". It seemed the installer was blocked somehow.

So I rebooted the PC and tried again with the same result. Same error.

So now he wanted me to try the Norton uninstall tool to see if there was still a trace of Norton left behind that didn't get uninstalled while trying to install Bitdefender.

So you guessed it, I rebooted my PC again and tried the installer again and again the same error came up.

Finally the guy told me that there was nothing else he could do and that he was escalating the case to the Technical Support department and I would receive an email in 24-48 hours.

I haven't gotten the email yet as it was just moments ago I spoke with the Customer Service guy, but I would like to know if anyone here knows what else I can try.

It's really annoying that every time I attempt to install it, I have to reboot in order to attempt again. I must have rebooted that PC over 30 times and spent a good 45 minutes to an hour trying to get it to work with no avail. I am really frustrated and would greatly appreciate any assistance, thank you.

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Hi Andrew :)

Welcome to our forums.

Could you please provide your ticket ID so I can take a look in the system?

Thank you.

• Hi Andrew :)

Welcome to our forums.

Could you please provide your ticket ID so I can take a look in the system?

Thank you.

Ticket ID? You mean from the call? The guy didn't give me one.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

I have found the ticket in the system using the email address that you used to register on the forums.

One of my colleagues sent you an email today with some instructions.

Please follow the steps and reply back via email with the requested logs.

Thank you.

• Hello :)

I have found the ticket in the system using the email address that you used to register on the forums.

One of my colleagues sent you an email today with some instructions.

Please follow the steps and reply back via email with the requested logs.

Thank you.

Hey Christian,

Yeah, I got the email. I managed to resolve the issue by installing a few Windows Updates.

I didn't end up needing the support logger tool.

After installing the Windows Updates and rebooting, I ran the installer and it installed without an issue.

Thank you for your help.

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

I am glad to hear that. Thank you for your feedback.

Since the current case was resolved, I declare this topic closed.

Take care.

This discussion has been closed.