Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows XP 64 bit Compatability

Options

Hi,

Does anyone know wether or not BitDefender 10 is compatible with the 64 bit version of XP?

Comments

• BitDefender isn't YET compatible with XP nor Vista 64bit. But a build for 64bit compatibility is on the way. ;)

• BitDefender isn't YET compatible with XP nor Vista 64bit. But a build for 64bit compatibility is on the way. ;)

Okay...I support this product 100%...I will wait until we have it ready!!!

• A question: Why doesn't BitDefender (or any other application that does not support 64-bit OS) run on Windows XP x64 and Windows Vista x64 via the WOW64 interface which would allow 32-bit applications to run in a 64-bit OS?

I was just wondering...

• A question: Why doesn't BitDefender (or any other application that does not support 64-bit OS) run on Windows XP x64 and Windows Vista x64 via the WOW64 interface which would allow 32-bit applications to run in a 64-bit OS?

I was just wondering...

Good Question!! Also is there a estimated time of completion for the BitDefender 64 project?

• brogan
    Options
    A question: Why doesn't BitDefender (or any other application that does not support 64-bit OS) run on Windows XP x64 and Windows Vista x64 via the WOW64 interface which would allow 32-bit applications to run in a 64-bit OS?

I was just wondering...

Anti-virus software is tightly coupled to the OS kernel (as are device drivers). So, just like device drivers, anti-virus software needs to be rewritten for the 64-bit kernel. Probably a significantly bigger job than changing a compiler flag.