Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Internet Security 2012 Will Not Install

Options

INTERNET SECURITY 2012 WILL NOT INSTALL

My computer running Vista easily meets your minimum requirements.

I have opened numerous new tickets because when I reply to your emails I get no further response. I have followed all your suggestions but the problem persists.

Problem:

When I try to install Internet Security 2012 I first have an information box saying unpacking installation files and when that is complete I have a message box asking if I want to download the latest files during installation. Whether I choose 'yes' or 'no' both boxes then close and nothing else happens. There are no error messages and the computer does not hang or crash.

Actions Taken:

I ran your uninstall program to remove Internet Security 2011 and I checked the unblock box on the installer file downloaded from your web site before running (all as administrator). I also ran the uninstall program in safe mode.

I have tried to install internet security 2012 and on failing immediately ran the support tool and I have twice sent you the log files. You have asked for a screen dump with the error message but I have repeatedly informed you there are no error messages. I have uninstalled spybot as you suggest but it has made no difference. I have scanned for virus's using Internet Security 2011 and none have been found.

I can however install my old Internet Security 2011 and activate with the 2012 key. I have installed Internet Security 2012 (3 pc version) on my laptop running Windows 7 and I currently have no issues.

I'm now thinking this is a lost cause and that I have wasted my money.

Do you have an answer to this problem? Please do not refer me again to your knowledge base as this is of no help.

360John

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello John

Welcome to our forums :)

Could you please provide me your ticket ID so I can check the status in the system?

After that, I can provide you a solution for your case.

Thank you very much.

• Hello John

Welcome to our forums :)

Could you please provide me your ticket ID so I can check the status in the system?

After that, I can provide you a solution for your case.

Thank you very much.

Try some of these

Ticket ID's:201203091011873, 201203041009604, 201203041009927, 201203061006838, 201203081009604, 201203081012097, 201203091011873, 201203101000518

John

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello John :)

I have merged all the tickets into 1 and I have sent you a reply 2 minutes ago.

Thank you.