Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Trojan.fatobfus.gen Please Help

Options

hi everyone, i am very very new to this

i have done numerous scans on my computer and i just cant seem to get rid of this virus, can anyone please please help?

File c:\documents and settings\jonathan capecchi\desktop\applications\torrent101-3.1.0.1-setup-0283.exe=](Instyler o)=](Instyler Module 12)

infected with Trojan.FatObfus.Gen

this is where the file is located but i cant seem to find or delete it, i am not great with computers but any suggestions would be very welcome :)

Comments

• If the trojan is located only there, it's OK, because you can simply delete the program. First of all, go to Tools - Folder Options - View, and make sure Show hidden files and folder radio-button is checked. If it's not, check it, and click OK. Temporarly deactivate BD real-time protection, and manually delete the installer. Be carrefull not to execute it, or you will get infected. Don't forgett to re-activate BD real-time protection afterwards.

Best regards, Andrei.

• If the trojan is located only there, it's OK, because you can simply delete the program. First of all, go to Tools - Folder Options - View, and make sure Show hidden files and folder radio-button is checked. If it's not, check it, and click OK. Temporarly deactivate BD real-time protection, and manually delete the installer. Be carrefull not to execute it, or you will get infected. Don't forgett to re-activate BD real-time protection afterwards.

Best regards, Andrei.

hi andrei

thank you i will try this and let you know if it works :)

thank you

• Also, Torrent101 and the likes (WinZix, etc) are fake, barely working programs created only to trick users into installing adware etc. If you need a Torrent client, use uTorrent (free, both as money and from malware).

• Also, Torrent101 and the likes (WinZix, etc) are fake, barely working programs created only to trick users into installing adware etc. If you need a Torrent client, use uTorrent (free, both as money and from malware).

hi this was a topic i posted back in december, i am still having issues with the same trajan fil im just posting my recent message in hope of some help here also :)

hi all, i have only ever posted one message on here before but i am in need of some help again

i recently downloaded a new version of bit defender but when i did a deep scan it came up with one virus that it couldn't get rid of i was wondering if someone could pleas assist me here is the log i got back from the scan smile.gif

BitDefender Log File !!!!!

Product : BitDefender Antivirus 2008

Version : BitDefender UIScanner v.11

Log date : 18:24:28 07/02/2008

Log path : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BitDefender\Desktop\Profiles\Logs\deep_scan\1202408668_1_02.xml

Scan Paths:Path0000: C:\

Scan Options:Scan for viruses : Yes

Scan for adware : Yes

Scan for spyware : Yes

Scan for applications : Yes

Scan for dialers : Yes

Scan for rootkits : Yes

Target selection options:Scan registry keys : Yes

Scan cookies : Yes

Scan boot sectors : Yes

Scan memory processes : Yes

Scan archives : Yes

Scan runtime packers : Yes

Scan emails : Yes

Scan all files : Yes

Heuristic Scan : Yes

Scanned extensions :

Excluded extensions :

Target ProcessingDefault action for infected objects : Disinfect

Default action for suspicious objects : None

Default action for hidden objects : None

Scan engines summaryNumber of virus signatures : 979630

Archive plugins : 41

Email plugins : 6

Scan plugins : 12

Archive plugins : 41

System plugins : 4

Unpack plugins : 7

Overall scan summaryScanned items : 427713

Infected items : 1

Suspicious items : 0

Resolved items : 0

Individual viruses found : 1

Scanned directories : 12787

Scanned boot sectors : 3

Scanned archives : 9785

Input-output errors : 30

Scan time : 00:01:53:36

Files per second : 62

Scanned processes summaryScanned : 47

Infected : 0

Scanned registry keys summaryScanned : 406

Scanned cookies summaryScanned : 0

Remaining issues:Object Name Threat Name Final Status

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{4BF2C15B-24E1-4387-A592-E87432727BAE}\RP481\A0086538.exe=](Instyler o)=](Instyler Module 12)

Trojan.FatObfus.Gen

Delete Failed (file was in an archive)

Resolved issues:Object Name Threat Name Final Status

i hope someone out there can help smile.gif

thank you

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello pecchi17,

Read this topic: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=3575

If you cannot clean it, post here.

Cris.