Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Lexmark Wireless Printer Won't Connect

Options

Printer is a Lexmark Genesis S815 and had been coexisting perfectly with Bitdefender 2012 Until March 29/30 2012. I am able to verify that the printer is connected to my wireless home network and that it has internet connectivity by running utilities on the printer itself. When I run Lexmark's wireless setup utiltity (uninstalled the Lexmark Software and reinstalled first) it attempts to configure the software but fails. There is a green wireless lcd on the printer's screen that indicates that wireless is functioning. When the software attempts to connect a yellow caution drops down next to the wireless indicating a problem. Their technicians spent two hours under remote access on my desktop trying to get it working again to no avail. They are convinced that Bitdefender is blocking access to the wireless port on the printer. I created an event log and submitted and got a very quick response from Bitdender about changing various settings in both the anti-virus and firewall to no avail. We have reset the cable modem, the Cisco wireless router and everything else. I like the Bitdender software and would hate to have to uninstall it and go to another vendor but it's essential that we have a working wireless printer. Please, someone have an answer to this.

Comments

• After numerous hours on line with Lexmark & Bitdefender I decided to uninstall all printer related software and reinstall using the original version of the Lexmark software that came with the printer when I bought it six months ago. Installation was seamless and computer is able to use all of the printer functions via wireless connectivity. Bitdefender tech support was, and I have to use this term, "Awesome" in assisting me. For this reason alone they will be my vendor of choice going forward both at home and at work. :rolleyes:

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Thank you for your feedback.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Take care.