Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Disable Outlook Spam Checking?

Options

Am I correct in assuming that if BD spam checking is active (I'm using BD Internet Security 2008) that there is no sense in having Outlook spam checking on? Won't one system interfere with the other anyway?

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Dear greenwit

That is up to you. But the BitDefender antispam protection itself is very good. But you need to train the BitDefender filters first.

No, they will not interfere with each other.

Best regards

Niels

• Dear greenwit

That is up to you. But the BitDefender antispam protection itself is very good. But you need to train the BitDefender filters first.

No, they will not interfere with each other.

Best regards

Niels

Thanks for the reply.

However........if Outlook sees a piece of spam first and throws it in its spam folder, will BitDefender ever see it? Will BitDefender *learn* from that email if it is thrown in the Outlook spam folder first? That's why I asked the interference question. What happens if Outlook thinks a piece of email is spam and BitDefender thinks the email is OK?

• Niels
    Options

Dear greenwit

If a mail is immediately being marked as spam by outlook filter it might slip trough the BitDefender antispam filter. Then you need to mark that mail manually as spam and add the spammer or domain address from where the mails are coming. The next time BitDefender will detect it also as spam.

Best regards

Niels