Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Frustration With Bd And Install

Options

Ok, I payed for this program, installed it, and it failed me so now I have to install it again. Only problem is that this time, it's insisting that if I don't uninstall other programs, it "can't" continue with the installation. I'm not angry but I can't help but feel bitter about the situation. I'm a reasonable person, and I expect at least some of the BD reputation to stand it's ground and be reasonable with me. Honestly the only reason why I want it back on my wife's PC is because it drained 50 dollars from our bank account. So please, help me get it reinstalled without any nonsense. I know full well the pc will run perfectly fine if I just use it as a scanner. ...A scanner which catches very few malicious programs in my own experience/tests with other programs, but a 50 dollar scanner all the same, and at least it catches one or two things if they are really nasty. I'm not going to say which ones have been more effective, that's not the point of this post. If you are offended by what I'm saying, please try to look at what I'm saying as constructive criticism and realize as a company your product will not be able to fit everyone's needs.

The problem stemmed from a simple irc chat, where I never clicked on links. Maybe something to look into? I never knew that not all irc clients are safe to use and the one I used was ebedded in a website. Still, protection from attacks that originate from such places would be helpful. Before someone says it was my fault for using irc, I can only take partial blame, since BD claims to be "the best". Plus, almost everyone uses irc and as far as I know there's no real way of knowing how to use it totally "safely". Of course I'll never use irc again, but still... I thought I would be protected by BD's promise.

Thank you for reading.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options

Hi :)

Welcome to the forums!

Running multiple security solutions on the same PC may affect their proper functionality as they compete for access to the same system resources. Even if they are turned off, there are some active processes running in the background.

We recommend you to uninstall other security solutions in order for Bitdefender to work properly.

The installation steps can be found here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=44

Let me know if you need something else.

Take care.

• solar01
    Options

Welcome to the forums!

Running multiple security solutions on the same PC may affect their proper functionality as they compete for access to the same system resources. Even if they are turned off, there are some active processes running in the background.

We recommend you to uninstall other security solutions in order for Bitdefender to work properly.

The installation steps can be found here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=44

Let me know if you need something else.

Take care.

I'm sorry, but I'll need those other programs. Do you mean that even though I turn off functions of BD except for the scanner there will still be processes running without me knowing? I'll have to look out for that so I can make sure it doesn't happen.. I guess if I can get this installed without any issues. Is there any way that I can just have the scanner on here instead of the other stuff, so I can scan when my other programs aren't? That way, there will be no conflicts ;).

Thanks for replying.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options

Welcome back!

We don not recommend you to turn of features from the product.

Our software uses all modules to ensure the protection of your system.

If you encounter any slowdowns, errors or BSODs, they will be generated by the conflict between the security solutions.

Take care.

• solar01
    Options

Ok... Just hope I didn't annoy anyone or something, I am a bit on the autistic side but I didn't mean to sound the wrong way if I did.. But just in case, I wanted to apologize before I leave the forums. Thanks for responding and everything.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Welcome back!

Thank you for your feedback. Let me know if you have other questions or requests.

Take care.