Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Installation Keeps Crashing In Win7 X64

Options
Brew
edited May 2012 in Installation

I've been trying to get the trial version of Plus 2012 running on my main pc for hours now, but am getting nothing but more and more aggravated. I've had the trial running fine on my other computer for the last few days, though, and without a hitch. I've been with ESET for 5 years, and thought I'd give you guys a try before my Nod32 expires. Based off of my recent experience with BitDefender on my 'other computer', I've already purchased a multi-user license that will be getting to me from an e-retailer in the mail within the next few days, so I'd ideally have this resolved before then, otherwise I'm going to have to look at getting my money back and renewing with Nod32 before I lose my chance.

As for the problem, the installer keeps crashing with an error message along the lines of "A problem has occurred in BitDefender Threat Scanner". It seems the crash occurs at different levels of completion each time, with the installation scan. It produces a dump file in my 'AppData/Local/Temp' folder, that, when opened with Visual Studio, suggests the error is "The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access." along with the exception code, '0xc0000005'.

The things I have done/tried:-

1. Uninstalled Nod32

2. Disabled the firewall

3. Run the Bitdefender installer as administrator

4. Disconnected myself from the internet.

5. Re-downloading the installer with a different browser

6. Re-downloading the installer with a different pc

7. Downloaded and tried the 'offline' 64bit version

8. Downloaded and tried the 'offline' 32bit version

9. Tried to do the installation in safe mode

10. Shutdown/disabled as many unnecessary services and processes I could find running

11. Performed a system restore back to before today's most recent automatic Win7 security updates

12. All of the above, multiple times, in different combination, whilst using the 'BitDefender_Uninstall_Tool.exe' throughout

13. Gone through these forums and Google looking for a solution

Well, I'm all out of ideas, and I've got a little over a day to get it fixed before I'm without an active AV. What next?

Thanks.

(NB:- I tried to upload the dump file. Seems i'm not permitted. I presume you'll need this sent to you?)

Comments