Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdv10 Affecting Ebay E-mails To Outlook 2003?

Options

In the (continuing) absence of any support from BD Support, I asked eBay Support if they knew of problems with BD affecting their e-mails to customers, some of which are legally binding, e.g. agreements to sell or purchase.

Unlike BD, they replied promptly and asked a few questions to which I replied:

"It was definitely not Outlook at fault because:

(a) I have only 2 blocked senders logged in Outlook and neither of them are eBay e-addresses;

(B) After I had uninstalled BitDefender the problem went away without making any changes to Outlook.

Yesterday, I changed my eBay contact address 5 times: twice with BitDefender installed, once with BitDefender installed but with its anti-spam module disabled; and twice with BitDefender uninstalled. Only in the latter two cases did the eBay e-mails generated by my changing my e-address arrive in my Inbox; in each of the three other cases they were buried in a Spam sub-folder of Deleted.

Thus I am fairly convinced that this unwanted behaviour is caused by BitDefender, who have not troubled to reply to me yet."

Has anyone else encountered this problem or similar? Can BD v.10 be installed and run without the antispam module?

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Dear nelson

You have to teach the BitDefender antispamfilter. Do this press on the friends button type now *@ebay.com and select domain name and press on the add button. It's a learning filter. If you done what I said BitDefender will not mark these mails as spam anymore.

Best regards

Niels

• Dear nelson

You have to teach the BitDefender antispamfilter. Do this press on the friends button type now *@ebay.com and select domain name and press on the add button. It's a learning filter. If you done what I said BitDefender will not mark these mails as spam anymore.

Best regards

Niels

Thanks Neils,

What you say doesn't explain why, after getting eBay e-mails since 2005 and using BD v.10 for about a year, eBay e-mails suddenly, about 3 weeks ago, start getting marked as spam and buried in a subfolder of Outlook's Deleted folder. We are not troubled by spam, so I have only 2 spammers marked in Outlook, and had none in BD.

Also, it doesn't explain why disabling BD's antispam module failed to stop the behaviour. Only by completely uninstalling BD did the behaviour stop.

I still await an answer to my main question: Can BD v.10 be installed without installing the antispam module? Alternatively, is the failure of the disablement of the antispam module a known bug? If so, is there a workaround?

Best wishes,

Nelson

• Niels
    Options

Dear nelson

BitDefender antispam moves it to the spam subfolder of deleted items otherwise it's outlook spam filter who moved the mails to that location.

You can prevent the BitDefender toolbar to run by doing this go to start,run,type

regsvr32 /u C:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender10\bdo.dll press enter.

Yes you can choose to not install certain modules. You have to choose for custom and uncheck the modules you don't want to install.

If you disable antispam in BitDefender then the protection isn't active anymore so the outlook 2003 spam filter must have moved these mails.

Best regards

Niels