Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Total Security Freezes Comp. Upon Install-vista Home Prem. 64-bit

Options

I first installed over the previous version, using the 'uninstall previous version' option during install. The computer became completely unresponsive after the (successful) installation. I got an error message that the 'Desktop Window Manager had stopped working and was closed'.

I was able to re-boot and run the uninstall program (from cpanel) in the few seconds before the computer froze. It did manage to uninstall most of BD, but not all.

I downloaded the BD uninstall tool and ran it (from safe mode). The computer is fine, but no antivirus protection.

I installed again, hoping that the BD uninstall tool cleaned up any registry issues, etc. No joy, same exact symptoms.

I again used the BD uninstall tool in safe mode to uninstall.

I downloaded and ran the BD system tool, uploaded the file link to a pm as mentioned in other posts with similar problems. Got a message back that I couldn't be helped by pm. Not very helpful.

I downloaded the 64-bit install from the BD site and installed. Same exact symptoms.

At this point, I would either like some very responsive and useful tech support that results in a successful installation, or a full refund, as I am VERY, VERY FRUSTRATED and dissatisfied with Bit Defender and the poor support (hiding phone #, etc.).

Comments