Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Renewal Not Activating On Bd Panel

Options
bisher
edited May 2012 in General

So I get an email asking me to renew BD or it will auto re-new, as this was the first I heard of the auto re-new I cancelled it, did a manual renew and cancelled auto which set itself as active again.

So I go back to my BD anti virus 2012 which has been run on a 2010 key since 2012 came out, and it still says just 31 days remain. I go to my account and it tells me the year has been added, but to 2010. Now as your FAQ says, those with 2010 keys are free to use 2012, and I wish to do so, but it seems the key is not updating, and the one I have in the email which is 20 characters long just gives me the message, "this key is already in use".

I have already attempted live chat, and the girl there did really try to help before moving me on to sales, but I do not really wish to wait 48 hours to find out if I've been charged for the wrong service etc. I have also already restarted my PC and tried updating BD. The lady on chat also asked me to put in my key, which again gives the message the key is in use, as this is an extension and not a new purchase I see why that is happening, but still it says 31 days left on the BD panel.

Do I need the 7 digit code? If so I wish to be sent this as I have paid for another year of BD and I want 2012, not 2010.

Is this system super slow in updating and will show the year extension soon? If so I wish to be told my 2012 is safe and I have another year.

If the email telling me to renew means it only applies to 2010 and wont extend my 31 days of 2012 (which is using a 2010 key) then I wish to have a refund.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• bisher
    Options
    So I get an email asking me to renew BD or it will auto re-new, as this was the first I heard of the auto re-new I cancelled it, did a manual renew and cancelled auto which set itself as active again.

So I go back to my BD anti virus 2012 which has been run on a 2010 key since 2012 came out, and it still says just 31 days remain. I go to my account and it tells me the year has been added, but to 2010. Now as your FAQ says, those with 2010 keys are free to use 2012, and I wish to do so, but it seems the key is not updating, and the one I have in the email which is 20 characters long just gives me the message, "this key is already in use".

I have already attempted live chat, and the girl there did really try to help before moving me on to sales, but I do not really wish to wait 48 hours to find out if I've been charged for the wrong service etc. I have also already restarted my PC and tried updating BD. The lady on chat also asked me to put in my key, which again gives the message the key is in use, as this is an extension and not a new purchase I see why that is happening, but still it says 31 days left on the BD panel.

Do I need the 7 digit code? If so I wish to be sent this as I have paid for another year of BD and I want 2012, not 2010.

Is this system super slow in updating and will show the year extension soon? If so I wish to be told my 2012 is safe and I have another year.

If the email telling me to renew means it only applies to 2010 and wont extend my 31 days of 2012 (which is using a 2010 key) then I wish to have a refund.

Thank you in advance.

Please set this as solved. A day and a half later, the BD panel randomly updates and added the year renewal.

• columbo
    columbo
    edited May 2012
    Options

Thanks for letting us know :)

It may have needed a PC restart (or two?) to apply and update the key code.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options
    Please set this as solved. A day and a half later, the BD panel randomly updates and added the year renewal.

Hello :)

Please not that the changes are not processed instantly and in some cases the key extension could take like 72 hours from the moment you enter it in the product and the server sync.

Thank you for your feedback!