Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Downloads Corrupted; Flash Blocked

Options

Some time between April 14 and April 24 BitDefender Total Security 2012 changed. Product update and installation files (.exe) downloaded from various sources would no longer run. Files were downloaded from cnet, filehippo, and software companies websites. They would not download via IE9 -- a tab would open up with ascii data within which there was text that stated that this program could not run in DOS mode. When downloaded with Firefox or Chrome, the files were missing digital signatures and much of the file description info. When the .exe files were run, the message that the version of the file was not compatible with my version of windows and to check to see whether I needed the x86 or x64 version. This happened on both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the OS (MS v7 home premium) -- same message. When trying to run without downloading, a DOS box would flash open and close. From one of the download sites, a checksum mismatch message was flashed. Most flash video movies were blocked from loading. Tried game mode and turning off firewall. Didn't help. Nothing obvious in event viewer (OS logs). A netbook without BDTS2012 did not exhibit this behavior. Couldn't find a way to stop BDTS2012 from starting on reboot. Removing Bitdefender solved problem.

Further clues: Flash movies loaded on web site pages when laptop was connected via public wifi worked, but do not wish to install programs and program updates from such sources. IS provider is via satellite (Exede/Wildblue) as cable or DSL is unavailable where I live. Not using a proxy server. Same behavior when router is bypassed and plugged directly into satellite modem.

Comments