Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firefox 12 & Whitelisting

Options

Hi, I just installed Internet Security 2012 yesterday and it has been one big headache.

I like most things and it doesn't seem to slow anything down.

It is certain websites don't want to load or finish loading, www.newegg.com being one of them using FireFox 12.

I have whitelisted it, that didn't fix it, I have went to settings and turned off everything under Privacy Control and that didn't fix it.

The page will either just set there blank trying to load or a it will load only it will leave images blank that are actually links and will continue to try to finish loading.

If I click on Stop & Refresh a few times it will load and everything will be fine for that session.

Not much Fun.

Internet Explorer 9 doesn't seem to have a problem it is just FireFox 12 but I don't like IE9.

I am on Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit

Comments

• Tom H
    Options
    Hi, I just installed Internet Security 2012 yesterday and it has been one big headache.

I like most things and it doesn't seem to slow anything down.

It is certain websites don't want to load or finish loading, www.newegg.com being one of them using FireFox 12.

I have whitelisted it, that didn't fix it, I have went to settings and turned off everything under Privacy Control and that didn't fix it.

The page will either just set there blank trying to load or a it will load only it will leave images blank that are actually links and will continue to try to finish loading.

If I click on Stop & Refresh a few times it will load and everything will be fine for that session.

Not much Fun.

Internet Explorer 9 doesn't seem to have a problem it is just FireFox 12 but I don't like IE9.

I am on Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit

As luck would have it, Firefox 13 Final came out today and I installed it. I first uninstalled 12 and ran the registry cleaner of ccleaner, still no luck ! I checked my wifes computer as I also installed Bitdefender on her computer yesterday as well. Firefox does the same thing on hers, blank page loading. She has Windows XP

I checked my laptop where I also installed Bitdefender yesterday ( 3 licenses ) and firefox works on this one. Windows 7

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Welcoem to the forums!

We have tested the website and is loading properly.

Please disable all the extensions from your favorite browser and retry.

Also could you try to use another browser like Google Chrome or Apple Safari and test that site?

Take care.

• Tom H
    Options

Welcoem to the forums!

We have tested the website and is loading properly.

Please disable all the extensions from your favorite browser and retry.

Also could you try to use another browser like Google Chrome or Apple Safari and test that site?

Take care.

Thanks,

I mentioned in the other post that IE9 works and I have tried Google Chrome, it also works.

I have disabled ALL extension & I disabled ALL plugins on BOTH my Vista machine AND my wife's XP machine .

Firefox has troubles on Both

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Tom :)

Please right click on BitDefender icon from system tray(the "B" icon) and choose "Show". In the main window, click on "Settings". From the advanced interface, click on Privacy Control module and select the Antiphishing tab.

Please disable all the options from there and reboot your machine.

Let me know if everything is OK now.

Take care.

• Tom H
    Options
    Hi Tom :)

Please right click on BitDefender icon from system tray(the "B" icon) and choose "Show". In the main window, click on "Settings". From the advanced interface, click on Privacy Control module and select the Antiphishing tab.

Please disable all the options from there and reboot your machine.

Let me know if everything is OK now.

Take care.

Hi again, I did that on the very first post, Turned every thing off under Privacy Control.

It doesn't help, I also tried adding images10.newegg.com to the whitelist and it seemed to go then a little further the next thing I could see trying but failing to load was promotions.newegg.com so I added it to the whitelist but it still wouldn't load the page and didn't go any further.

• Tom H
    Options

Hi, I was messing around with it a bit today and I installed NoScript Firefox addon and went to newegg.com and it immediately opened but there was a note on newegg that javascript had to be allowed to use all of its features. Then I allowed temporally allowed ****** and the rest of the session went fine. I don't know what Bitdefender - FireFox & Newegg have against each other but it's a big pain.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello,

So everything is OK now? Did you managed to get the right combination for that website?

Take care.

• Tom H
    Options
    Hello,

So everything is OK now? Did you managed to get the right combination for that website?

Take care.

I would say it's not OK, that I have to go through all of this to get a web site to load with Bitdefender--- No Not OK, I've never had a problem until installing Bitdender.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

First of all, please accept our apologies for the situation created. Please follow the steps below to check if the issue persists.

1. Open BitDefender -> Settings -> Update -> here check the box next to "Prompt me before downloading updates". When an update is performed, you will see a box from which I kindly ask you to choose ONLY Signatures Update (do not perform product updates, otherwise the solution below will be canceled).

2. Restart your computer in Safe Mode:

[How to restart in Safe Mode]

- Restart the computer (Windows Start button - Turn Off - Restart);

- Press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins to load; you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu;

- Select "SAFE MODE" in the text menu and press "Enter".

- Wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation message; click "OK" to acknowledge.

3. Go to C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2012, find the file called "bdtl.dll" and rename it to "bdtl.dl_".

4. Restart the computer normally and let me know if the issue persists.

I am looking forward to hearing from you!

• Tom H
    Options

Hi, Well I didn't try renaming the bdt.dll but I did download Firefox 14 Beta and all the websites load normally, so FireFox 14 seems to be the answer. Everything is OK now ... Thanks

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for your feedback!

I am glad that everything is OK now.

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Take care.