Unable To Strean Using Vlc Player

Hi.

I am experimenting with the VLC Media player and to date I have been unable to stream live radio using the VLC player (Windows Media player streams anything I ask of it).

During my net research I have found others who have had the same problem and the cause is being attributed to the Bitdefender firewall, specifically a .dll file.

There appears to be a solution to the VLC streaming problem which involves a safe mode start and then changing a specific Bitdefender file, hhhmmmmmm!!!

Surprisingly :blink: , I am not keen on this solution, does anyone in Bitdefender land have suggestions and/or experience streaming radio with VLC Media player.

Regards....

Comments

• ...and if you try the above solution COPY YOUR LICENSE KEY. You will need it...

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

This is the final solution for this:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry143091

Install the product and VLC Media Player will work just fine.

Take care.

• Thanks for the reply(s) :rolleyes:

I just want to confirm;

if I want resolve the VLC streaming problem I must reinstall and update my Bitdefender Total Security 2012 to the .39 version from my current version of 15.0.38.1605?

Also, if a reinstall is necessary does this mean the automatic update process is not able to and/or will not automatically do this for me, or, alternatively is it that the auto updates will eventually get my version to the desired .39 version but I would have to wait for the update to .39 process to be completed globally?

Regards.....

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

The .39 build was only released for the UK market and will be released for the US market too.

The issue related to VLC streams was resolved in .39.

This is just a workaround until the update will be released globally.

Have a great weekend!

• Hello :)

The .39 build was only too.

The issue related in .39.

This is just a workaround until the update will be released globally.

Have a great weekend!

I still cant get the VLC Media player streaming online,

I didn't uninstall and then reinstall BD to achieve the .39 version, instead I waited until my updates caught up when the new version was going to be released globally.

Is the VLC streaming solution (version .39) that was "released for the UK market and will be released for the US market" a subset of/included in the current 15.0.40.1724 version I am seeing as my current build?

Have I missed something obvious here?

• Hi :)

I think I have a solution for your case.

As the new Bitdefender 2013 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2013 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

Please check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=42

After you install the new version, if needed, we will continue the conversation on the new area from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=293

Thank you.