Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cant Access Forum Settings

Options
brihy1
edited June 2012 in General

sorry but wasn't sure where to post this

when i try to access any of the personal profile settings it says:Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.You are not allowed to use this part of the board

is this part of my profile off limits to me?

Comments

• me too. I have the exact same problem. But it only happens in computer B, my other computer A is just fine.

This is so strange and I don't know why.

Do my computer B get infected by virus ?

Please help Christian.

Thanks

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options

@Bri

I could not access certain areas of the forum until I had 20 posts. Not certain if this is related or not but seems likely.

These are the rules that show you need 15 posts but it actually requires 20 posts.

The rules don't match the forum settings. -> http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=190&id=18

• Would I get an IP ban for my computer B ?

I had never visit this forum before.

• Charyb
    Charyb ✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Would I get an IP ban for my computer B ?

I had never visit this forum before.

Why would they block your IP? I would think you would receive a warning first?

1. I would check to see if you have a ****** blocker extension in your browser that may be causing this.

2. Check to see if java ****** is enabled in your browser.

3. Try a different browser.

4. Wait for Christian to return.

Your problem doesn't sound related to Bri's.

• No, my problem is same as Bri's, directly from the "Broad Message".

How to check a ****** blocker extension in my browser ? Both ie (ver 9) and Firefox (ver 13.0.1) have the same results. I have no idea at all.

Please show the steps how to check the java ****** in ie & FF.

Would it be my Windows or my security program cause this happen ?

Thanks

• brihy1
    Options

charyb,thats probably it,the 20 posts.

thanks for the reply

• I attached the captured screen shot for my "not permitted to use forum message."

Would anyone know what's going on ?

Thanks.

post-106462-1340849312_thumb.png

• brihy1
    Options

i get same message,check post #3 in this thread,could be the cause?i guess when we hit 20 we will find out?

I attached the captured screen shot for my "not permitted to use forum message."

Would anyone know what's going on ?

Thanks.

• Bri,

I don't think so.

Because my other computer A, which was also less than 20 posts, but it was fine to use and browse the forum, just no login yet.

But my other computer B, when I hit the forum, not even login yes or not, it gives you the above picture.

I don't know why, but it is an IP address ban. Don't you think so ? May be the network problem but I have no IT knowledge to fix it.

Please help, Christian.

• brihy1
    Options

i just hit 20 post and im able to get into those settings now,your problem is different i guess,i have no idea,sorry good luck with it.

Bri,

I don't think so.

Because my other computer A, which was also less than 20 posts, but it was fine to use and browse the forum, just no login yet.

But my other computer B, when I hit the forum, not even login yes or not, it gives you the above picture.

I don't know why, but it is an IP address ban. Don't you think so ? May be the network problem but I have no IT knowledge to fix it.

Please help, Christian.

• Anyone has any clue about it ?

I just don't know why I can't browser the forum.

My windows programs wrong ? My network problem ?

• brihy1
    Options

if you have the same problem i did in post #1 then like me i hit 20 posts and im able to access them.you only have 10 posts?

• OK. Bri, now I add 1 more post.

But, I still have a strong feeling that there are somethings in my computer which cause this IP blocking.

• brihy1
    Options

i dont know,guess you will have to wait for a moderator or whoever is in charge here?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Let me clarify some things: only after 20 post you can add an avatar or signature to the profile.

Also, if you are logged on a PC that is on the same network as the other one, you need to log in on that one too.

Please send me a PM with the IP from the second PC to check if it was not banned because of suspicious activity.

Thank you!

• Hello

Let me clarify some things: only after 20 post you can add an avatar or signature to the profile.

According to my information it is not only the signature and the avatar, but also the other parts of the Personal Profile-section (except "Edit Personal Portal Information"):

• Edit Profile Information
    • Edit 'About Me' page
    • Edit Signature
    • Edit Avatar Settings
    • Change Personal Photo
    I received for these parts of the "Personal Profile" the following message: "You are not allowed to use this part of the board". :unsure:
  • rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

You are perfectly right.

After you will make 20 post on the forums(valid, not offtopic or spam), you will be able to complete all the fields from your profile.

This is an antispam/antibot measure that we implemented.

Thank you in advance for understanding. Have a great day!