Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Internet Security 2012 - Blue Screen Of Death

Options

I purchased BitDefender Internet Security 2012 a few days ago and on my desktop I have noticed that if it is sitting idle, the Windows 7 Blue Screen Of Death pops up and does a memory dump. It just started doing this today. I have yet seen it do it while I am actually using it. Just when sitting there on idle.

This is what "WhoCrashed" found:

On Wed 6/27/2012 6:03:22 AM GMT your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\062712-14445-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: bdselfpr.sys (bdselfpr+0x9A5F)

Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFFFFF83FFFFE4, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFFFFF82EDDDAB)

Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

file path: C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2012\bdselfpr.sys

product: BitDefender Firewall

company: BitDefender LLC

description: BitDefender Self Protection Driver

Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: bdselfpr.sys (BitDefender Self Protection Driver, BitDefender LLC).

Google query: bdselfpr.sys BitDefender LLC IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Says that the firewall did it. Then I noticed that my date was a day ahead. So I set the correct date.

Anyone got a clue as to why it is doing this?

Comments

• danaie
    Options

I've the same issue quite often soon as I installed BD IS 2012 on my pc win 7 64 bit !! after I uninstalled it my pc back to normal situation no crash & blue screen at all

good findings!

Bitdefender should find a fix asap & don't waste time ... IS 2012 HAS REALLY SOME SERIOUS PROBLEM

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

I think I have a solution for your case.

As the new Bitdefender 2013 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2013 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

Please check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=42

After you install the new version, if needed, we will continue the conversation on the new area from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=293

Thank you.

• I seem to remember 0x0000000A is a irq not less or equal bsod.. and just solved by reinstalling drivers