Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Mail Protection !

Options

Hello,

I´d like to know BitDefender protection of my e-mails works ? I use Yahoo Mail and when viewing messages in Attachments the block and scan are done by Norton anti-virus wich evidently cooperates with Yahoo. What do i have to do to have BitDefender scan my incoming e-mails messages ?

Comments

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello,

I´d like to know BitDefender protection of my e-mails works ? I use Yahoo Mail and when viewing messages in Attachments the block and scan are done by Norton anti-virus wich evidently cooperates with Yahoo. What do i have to do to have BitDefender scan my incoming e-mails messages ?

Hi....If you go to Antivirus settings, click on custom and then click on modify,you will see a category 'Traffic Scan'. Make sure the first two boxes are checked. After that it is a matter of trusting that Bitdefender is actually checking the emails because (on my email client at least) there is no confirmation that this is actually happening.

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi....If you go to Antivirus settings, click on custom and then click on modify,you will see a category 'Traffic Scan'. Make sure the first two boxes are checked. After that it is a matter of trusting that Bitdefender is actually checking the emails because (on my email client at least) there is no confirmation that this is actually happening.

Sorry, I gave you the instructions for 2013. Cant remember exactly the settings for 2012, but I,m sure it is somewhat similar.

• alexx69
    Options

Hi ozziebear,

I see that you are not sure how BitDefender protect incoming messages, specialy Attachment files, honestly i realy not :) . I set "On- acces scanning" to normal mode, which involves scanning all incoming and outgoing e-mail massages and I really do not have any confirmation that this is actually happening. As I have said block and scan are done by Norton anti-virus and for this i have confirmation. So i still don´t know how BitDefender protect my incoming e-mails. I use BitDefender TS 2012 and i am sure there are no significant differences in the settings in comparison with BitDefender TS 2013.

Thank you for reply.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

Hello :)

Bitdefender and any other antivirus installed on a PC can only scan emails received in an email client like Outlook or Thunderbird. For the online web mail services, please contact your provider. They have solutions integrated in their platform.

Also, Bitdefender will scan attachments / links received when you try to access them.

Have a great weekend!

• alexx69
    alexx69 ✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

Bitdefender and any other antivirus installed on a PC can only scan emails received in an email client like Outlook or Thunderbird. For the online web mail services, please contact your provider. They have solutions integrated in their platform.

Also, Bitdefender will scan attachments / links received when you try to access them.

Have a great weekend!

Hi Christian,

Thank you for response, i will check solutions with my internet provider.

Best regards.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

You are most welcome.

Also, please check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=42

Thank you.

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    Options

Have a great weekend!

Hi Christian, I am a little confused here. I use Windows Live Mail which is quite sufficient for my needs. When you say 'an email client like Outlook or Thunderbird', does that include Windows Live Mail? I know that the features of your Antispam module do not integrate with my email client and I find this odd because I would think that most casual to moderate computer users would use Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail. Could you give me an example of an online web mail service. What exactly then is Bitdefender doing to protect my emails and how do I now that this is actually happening? Thank you for any clarification you can provide.

As a point of interest, starting as early as Sept., Mozilla will be discontinuing its support for the development of Thunderbird. The full article can be read on CNET

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

The supported clients for the Antispam module are:

Thunderbird 3.0.4 or higher

Outlook 2007, 2010

Outlook Express and Windows Mail on x86

Windows Mail is the client integrated in Windows Vista/7. Windows Live Mail is not supported but the emails are scanned by port and the product should block the spam. The only inconvenience is that you won't be able to mark them from the client manually or add them directly to friends/spammers.

Take care.