Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved] Problem Following Successful Installation

Options

Having successfully? installed Bitdefender 2013 Anti Virus, I immediately started having problems using my CHROME Browser. The symptoms are that when I launch the Chrome Browser, I can see the Address Bar and tabs, but below the address bar the screen is just a light grey background. (If I use Firefox or Internet Explorer, they function correctly). I have tried several times uninstalling/re-installing CHROME but still have the same problem.

Can anybody help please?

Comments

• coolcool1227
    Options

Add Chrome to exclsuions and also see the its rules in Firewall.

OR

Remove all Chrome Rules in Firewall and then re-install it.

• Hi,

Thanks for the advice regarding the Firewall. I have tried both methods suggested by you, but the problem still exists. (NB _ My Bitdefender Product is just the Anti-Virus, and so my Firewall is the standard Windows Firewall.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Do you have any other security solutions installed? Do you have Trusteer Rapport installed?

Thank you!

• Hello Christian,

I do have Trusteer installed, which is still working OK on my Firefox/Windows IE Browsers, but apart from that, I have no other security products installed (Apart from the WINDOWS Firewall.

Thank You,

Dave

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Dave :)

Could you please temporary disable or uninstall Trusteer Rapport and let me know if you encounter the same issue?

Thank you!

• Hello Christian,

I have disabled Trusteer Rapport as you suggested, and Chrome runs fine now thank you.

Is it OK to re-enable Trusteer Rapport, or am I likely to encounter the same problem?

Dave

• coolcool1227
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks for the advice regarding the Firewall. I have tried both methods suggested by you, but the problem still exists. (NB _ My Bitdefender Product is just the Anti-Virus, and so my Firewall is the standard Windows Firewall.

Oops...my mistake.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Dave :)

For now let that software disabled.

Bitdefender will take care of everything for you. You can use Safepay for online banking and your data will be safe.

Take care.

• Thanks for all of your help Christian - Dave

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Dave :)

Thank you for your feedback!

I will consider this case resolved.

Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.