Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Several Installation Problems

Options
lastgate1
edited July 2012 in Installation

I have bought Bitdefender Internet Security 5 PC-1 year online from the company Avangate-IT To Go Pte Ltd on 10/July/2012.

First I tried to install trial version because I had not received the license key in the first hours of the purchase. The installer automatically uninstalled my previous antivirus solution successfully then restarted windows and then downloaded&installed the newest version. I had updated the virus definitions and restarted again. Made a full system scan which took about 2-3 hours and cleaned a generic trogen. After that I restarted windows again and unluckily the autopilot and on-access scan stopped working and the on/off switches did not operate.

Followed the instructions on this forum and used the uninstaller before installing again. First uninstaller seemed to do the same operations over and over again so I stopped the process and restarted windows in secure mode with administrator. In that mode unistallation finished successfully. After uninstalling with the official uninstaller I used ccleaner and registry crawler for claning the remnants. Made a clean restart of windows and started the installation by 2.3Mb latest official installer. That installer again downloaded the files to install but an error occured by the mid of the installation. So I ran over the uninstallation process again and tried to install with the same method again. For that last time, installer said it finished perfectly and asked for my license key and I inserted the key provided by Avangate on 11/July/2012. Unfortunately, the software said there was a problem with my key I ensured that I have inserted the correct key and yes , the software said that it was the same key I put before. After all I ran crazy about the product and shut the computer down.

I even don't know if it has properly installed this time or it will accept the key. After all those heavy working days, I had given too much effort for none and I am bored with that simple installation. Anyone out there to give me a hand?

Comments