[resolved] Allow Win 7 Homegroup Through Firewall

fikus2k
edited July 2012 in Firewall

Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 on desktop and laptop (both Windows 7 Ultimate).

Homegroup is shared with PS3 over LAN with no problems with no changes to default BD firewall settings (Stealth Mode: Remote / Generic: No).

With the BD firewall disabled on both workstations I was able to join/browse the homegroup from the laptop. Re-enabled firewall and the homegroup was still visible but I was unable to open any shared folders.

Made the following changes on both desktop NICs and the laptop wireless interface:

Firewall > Network Details >

- Network Type: Home/Office

- Stealth Mode: Off

- Generic: Yes

The network type is "Home" on both workstations and Windows Firewall is disabled on both workstations.

The homegroup is not visible from either workstation when the firewall is enabled with the above settings. What additional steps do I need to take?

Thanks,

zp.

Comments

• Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 on desktop and laptop (both Windows 7 Ultimate).

Homegroup is shared with PS3 over LAN with no problems with no changes to default BD firewall settings (Stealth Mode: Remote / Generic: No).

With the BD firewall disabled on both workstations I was able to join/browse the homegroup from the laptop. Re-enabled firewall and the homegroup was still visible but I was unable to open any shared folders.

Made the following changes on both desktop NICs and the laptop wireless interface:

Firewall > Network Details >

- Network Type: Home/Office

- Stealth Mode: Off

- Generic: Yes

The network type is "Home" on both workstations and Windows Firewall is disabled on both workstations.

The homegroup is not visible from either workstation when the firewall is enabled with the above settings. What additional steps do I need to take?

Thanks,

zp.

I was able to resolve the issue after upgrading to BDIS 2013 with a few extra steps (http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35971).

HTH,

zp.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

You are most welcome!

If you have other questions, we will continue to talk on that area.

Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.