Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How To Disable Bitdefender Toolbar From Firefox

Options
dre022392
edited July 2012 in General

I am a beta user of Firefox and many other programs and the toolbar or web feature is making firefox very unstable and constantly crashing. Is there any way to disable or remove this feature totally from firefox, i know its an extension but it doesn't show up in the list and i am not sure where in the registry or which file are responsible for this. as it seems its hard wired into all browser i use

any help will be gladly appreciated

Using using another AV but only temporary until i resolve this issue

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options

Hi :)

Welcome back!

The issue with Firefox was resolved via a product update:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry151823

Please make sure that you have the latest product update.

Have a great day!

• With Firefox 15beta there are (cross fingers) no more crashes and the toolbar works OK, also using TabMixPlus add-on.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

As I mentioned in that topic, with the latest update, we resolved the issue on our side. When Mozilla will release Firefox 15, everything will go back to normal.

Thank you!

• Hello :)

As I mentioned in that topic, with the latest update, we resolved the issue on our side. When Mozilla will release Firefox 15, everything will go back to normal.

Thank you!

I don't want to have this running at all on my computer. I have Bitdefender 2013 running, and now my google searches take forever to load because this TrafficLight product has decided to take over my browser. Firefox does not even show that it is currently installed on my system, so I have no idea how to remove it. In the Bitdefender settings, it says that only the virus scanner is active, and there is no place for me to even see that this other feature is running as well. If you don't give me a way to turn this off, I am going to uninstall the whole thing and go back to using Norton.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

If you want to turn off the toolbar, please right click on BitDefender icon from system tray(the "B" icon) and choose "Show". In the main window, click on "Settings". From the advanced interface, click on Privacy Control module and select the Antiphishing tab.

Please disable all the options from there and reboot your machine.

Let me know if everything is OK now.

Take care.