Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

So Will I Need Anything Else Besides This Security Suite

Options
vexaxv
edited July 2012 in General

i bought the total security 2013 and im very pleased but i question wether or not i will need a couple other things, for example now i know i need ccleaner still considering total security pc cleaner defragging and everything else does a great job doing alot but it doesent get quite everything, it doesent get internet history or cache on applications like ccleaner does, im hoping i dont have to worry about malware so will i still need malwarebytes anti-malware? it has a nice firewall and virus protection so im good there but what about ad-ware? spy-ware? will i need superantispyware back again or spybot?

Comments

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

The things you are asking should be considered before purchasing. However the Bitdefender protect your system from of all of them.

Also while selecting any Security Suite, consider the following points:

1) Detection Rates.

2) Protection Technologies e.g Signature Based, Generic and Pattern-based, Heuristics Detection, Behavioral Scanning, Intrusion Detection etc.

3) Additional Protection Features e.g Firewall, Network Monitoring, AntiSpam, AntiBanner, AntiPhishing, Parental Control, AntiRootkit, AntiTheft, Privacy Control, Sandbox (for Applications and Browsers), Rescue Mode/CD, Command-Line Scan, Boot-Time Scan, ****** Execution (for removing some malwares,for install patches) etc.

4) Additional Features offered e.g Tuneup, Backup/Restore, Vulnerability, Encryption (File and Messenger), Game/Silent/Laptop Mode, etc.

5) False Positives Rate.

6) Ability to remove infection traces completely.

7) Self Protection feature and ability to install, if the system is already infected badly.

8) Technical Support.

9) Resource Utilization (Not resource hogging).

10) Small Installation Footprints i.e occupies less space after installation.

11) Able to restore/undo any changes/damages made by the virus/malware in the system.

There is no Antivirus which can provide 100% protection, but by considering above mentioned points you can eliminate the alternatives.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Running multiple security solutions on the same PC may affect their proper functionality as they compete for access to the same system resources. Even if they are turned off, there are some active processes running in the background.

We recommend you to uninstall other security solutions in order for Bitdefender to work properly.

Take care.