Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[escalated] Paranoid Mode Again

Options

I have Paranoid Mode ON.

I discovered that if you switch from UserMode to Autopilot in Control Panel, close it, then open again and turn UserMode ON, then Paranoid Mode is OFF, so BD seems not to remember that particular setting. All the (personal) other settings are kept.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi :)

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If the file is too big to attach it, upload it on

http://www.sendspace.com

or

http://www.mediafire.com

and send me a PM with the download link.

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Have a nice day.

• Hi :)

Have a nice day.

W7 64 bits Sony Vaio laptop

I am trying to be helpful, however:

running standalone Support Tool, it goes ALMOST to the end, then it freezes at "Getting event logs" (since half an hour), I did it twice just to make sure.

The file (BDSP_*) is not created. I have only a folder Bitdefender Support Tool on desktop

I found that this same issue of Paranoid Mode disappearing happens also on my 32 bits machine, so now I'll try on that one!

(welcome back)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

If it's not too old, you can send me those logs.

Take care.

• Hello :)

If it's not too old, you can send me those logs.

Take care.

PM sent with log from 32 bits machine.

No way to create final zip file on my Sony Vaio 64 bits machine.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried to create them in Safe Mode?

Thank you!

Have you tried to create them in Safe Mode?

Thank you!

W7 64 bits.

I just found that if I boot in safe mode (F8 pressed) BD will not start. If I try to start it manually from BD desktop icon, i get BD control Panel with message:

... BD security Service Unavailable.... (VSSERV.exe)....

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

You can not start Bitdefender is Safe Mode(this is not a bug, only Microsoft drivers can be loaded in Safe Mode). I was talking about the logs. Can you create the logs on that 64 bit machine with Support Tool in Safe Mode? Run it, wait for the archive to be created on your desktop, reboot in Normal Mode and send me the results.

Take care.

You can not start Bitdefender is Safe Mode(this is not a bug, only Microsoft drivers can be loaded in Safe Mode). I was talking about the logs. Can you create the logs on that 64 bit machine with Support Tool in Safe Mode? Run it, wait for the archive to be created on your desktop, reboot in Normal Mode and send me the results.

Take care.

Sorry, I was stupid, it happens sometimes, but I wanted to reproduce the issue in SafeMode.

Anyhow, no success:

also in safe mode, Standalone Support Tool is not able to generate final zip file, it freezes at "Getting event logs". (Sony vaio Y W7 64 bits).

So what I did was to copy the folder in a different location not to have open files, zipped it and I sent you a PM with link.

Hope it helps.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Just let it run for several minutes in Safe Mode, there are several logs to collect and then the tool has to compress them.

Thank you!

• AstroMax
    edited July 2012
    Options

Just let it run for several minutes in Safe Mode, there are several logs to collect and then the tool has to compress them.

Thank you!

I think that letting it "sit" on "getting event logs" for 45 minutes is more than enough to say that process does not end!

Anyhow, you can easily try to reproduce my problem:

- open Control panel, turn on User Mode, open Firewall settings, turn on Paranoid Mode. Close Control panel.

- open Control panel, turn on Autopilot, close Control panel

- open Control panel, turn User mode on, and now check the state of paranoid Mode. I find it OFF, while I expect that BD remembers my User Mode settings. Am I wrong?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Actually Auto Pilot will remove all the the settings from User Mode and set the default settings.

What you are asking is not implemented in the product but I will consider this a feature request and forward it to our developers.

It's actually a great idea. Thank you for your feedback!

I'll keep you up to date with the progress.

Thank you!

Actually Auto Pilot will remove all the the settings from User Mode and set the default settings.

What you are asking is not implemented in the product but I will consider this a feature request and forward it to our developers.

It's actually a great idea. Thank you for your feedback!

I'll keep you up to date with the progress.

Thank you!

Well, thanks, the way it now works in my opinion (not remembering settings) is an enginerr's point of view, not the user's point of view!

So I hope that at "the upper floor" they'll consider to change it. Settings of User Mode should be kept!

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

I understand you point of view and we will do our best to implement all feature request received from users.

Have a wonderful weekend!

• Any progress here?

Thanks.

• rootkit
    Options

We discovered the issue and we are working on a fix:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=163602

Have a great weekend!