Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender, Security And The Paranoidmode

Options

Hi,

I tried the Betaversion a while ago and I added a request to the beta request board.

My request was to make the human mode a human mode or add an option to make it to a real human mode and not a hybrid-thing which adds every application to the allow-list for the firewall.

I'm really upset now. My request was closed with the comment, that it has been "forwarded".

But I never got any other reply.

Now I upgraded from 2011 to 2013 and I'm really annoyed that it adds every application to the firewall allowed list even applications which I don't want to be allowed!

I've set bitdefender to "Humanmode".

For example:

I compiled my own application and even this one can access the internet.

I don't feel secure with this! It seems like every unkown application is allowed.

That's not security for me!

I don't want bitdefender to automaticly add the application.

I want it to ask me like 2011 did!

Even if you think that applications are allowed, that might not be the users choice!

I don't want applications to call home.

I tried paranoidmode, but that's not what I want.

It's asking me all the time for a specific application.

Even if I say "allow" for this time, then the next time it asks again...

It's adding a firewall rule:

All Networks - UDP - Allow

All Networks - TCP - Allow

The next time I start the application it's asking me again...after I click allow it creates a new firewall rule:

So Paranoidmode is bugging me all the time, while the humanmode is adding EVERY application (even unknown ones and unknown trojans!) to the allow list!

I'm really upset.

If there is no solution, then I'll switch back to 2011 again, as I did with 2012, until my license is ending and I'll switch to another firewall solution afterwards.

Am I the only one having that issue?

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Thank you for your feedback!

First off all, let me explain you some things about the firewall from our products. If a programs tries to connect to the internet, the engines will scan it for malware. If it is infected, a block all rule will be created. If it is clean, it can connect to the internet. Also, if the file is signed with a valid digital signature, it is allowed by default.

If you want to block it, you will have to manually edit the rule create in the firewall module.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=150017

As per your request, I will forward it to our product manager for review.

Thank you for your feedback. Take care.

• Rampant
    Options

Now, there are viruses that have a digital signature, in this case, too, will miss their firewall to the Internet?

• coolcool1227
    Options
    Now, there are viruses that have a digital signature, in this case, too, will miss their firewall to the Internet?

I think in this case IDS come in to play.

• Rampant
    Options

In autopilot mode, the module IDS does not work.

• coolcool1227
    Options
    In autopilot mode, the module IDS does not work.

What do you mean by that? I didn't find this info anywhere even in the User Guide. Auto Pilot Mode do all security actions silently (without user intervention and pop-ups) may be IDS related also, but I think it does not mean that IDS does not work. You can check this from the Events. Actually since the release of Bitdefender 2012, I've never used the product in Auto Pilot Mode.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Let's clarify some things: the IDS module is tuned off by default. If you turn it on after the installation, it will work both in Auto Pilot and User Mode.

The Paranoid Mode can not function with Auto Pilot because the user has to approve the actions and this is not a silent mode.

Microsoft has revoked all know certificates for infected files that were signed with stolen certificates. So, please make sure that you have Windows Update turned on and the system will be protected.

Thank you!