Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How To Stealth Individual Ports

Options

How can I stealth the individual port for a particular application, even if I set the Stealth Mode in the manage adapter option to OFF.

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

You don't have to do this, just edit the rule created for that application and restrict/block the access to the internet.

Take care.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Is it possible that even if I give access that application to the internet and still want to stealth its port?

• coolcool1227
    Options

What I meant here by Stealth is to hide the port, not close it, but still have access to internet.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

If you set Stealth Mode to Remote, all application that have a rule created in the Firewall will be allowed to open a port.

Take care.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Actually I want to block a particular port regardless of the application. How can do this?

• Rampant
    Options

Such rules you cannot create, Bitdefender's out of control)

• coolcool1227
    Options

Thats not good.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Requested the feature.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options

The situation was reported to our developers and this topic will be moved to this area:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=324

Thank you!

• Rampant
    Options

In the corporate versions, there is a possibility, why was removed from the home products, is unclear.

jvZ6682.png

• coolcool1227
    Options

Any update?

• indie
    Options
    How can I stealth the individual port for a particular application, even if I set the Stealth Mode in the manage adapter option to OFF.

Are you sure that it's not your gateway, modem, or router that is keeping the individual port open.

In other words, if I go to grc.com - ShieldsUP!, it tells me that my Port 23 and Port 80 are open.

But the BitDefender firewall can't do anything about it because I am behind the gateway/ISP modem and other routers.

Let's say, you are using TOR. Again, BitDefender firewall won't help you.

Also, because of all those gateways/modems/routers, my other port are "Closed", not "Stealth".

post-125519-1365719230_thumb.png