Help!

I got some virus that makes my computer a bit slow . And when i open taskmanager and look at my cpu preformance then i think it's too high its like 50%-70% and it does some weird things like : once i didn't see any icons or programs on my desktop i only saw the taskbar , then once in the start menu i wanted to launch windows live msn from it's folder but it wasn't there :S occured ! Oh and i have bitdefender 9 standard usually the filezone that shows the file scanning :D didn't do almost anything but now it's like this on my attached file :S !

please help ! and i think i need to give you my computer system information too just in case :

Intel pentium dual 1600mh/z

2 gb ram 1600mh/z

300 gb hard drive (because of the strange amount of cpu usage from taskmanager)

Thanks for your time :)!

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1231" data-fileid="1231" rel="">untitled.bmp

Comments

• Dear TotalErik,

If you don't see any icons on your desktop then explorer may have crashed. Check if you can see a process called explorer.exe that should be running. If not that is the case of your problem go to file,new task (execute) type explorer.exe press enter. When the problem occurs again can you please open task manager click 2 on the cpu tab and write the process down that is using that much of cpu. This isn't necessary a virus.

Best regards

Niels

• I can see a processes cpu usage in the Processes tab by looking the CPU row ? If yes then i Think the most CPU user is System Idle Processor : / !

• Dear TotalErik,

That is what I meant. Sorry but I am using a non English windows version and I translated it literally.

Can you please go to view (display) and click on select coloms,check cpu time and press enter. Normally the idle processes must have the longest cpu time. If a process uses more cpu time than that is the cause of the slow down.

Best regards

Niels