Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Why Do Updates Have To Require A Reboot?

Options

we are resellers of BD after years of reselling eset's simple solution. The headaches caused by 2013 BD have been enough to almost switch back and we are still reviewing this to see if things improve.

Safe Pay for example doesn't work, or is random.

BD doesn't work on xp.

why do updates require a restart so often? This is not something we seen with eset and is a big complaint with our customers.

BD refers to cookies as critical alerts.

There are false positives that delete critical systems on several PC's to date on the new versions.

Comments

• columbo
    Options

Hi bilbo, and welcome :)

Tech Support can give you some better follow up thoughts, and I know as a reseller you are not in job of troubleshooting for your customers, but as a member here, let me mention a few things just for more info. about Bitdefender.

Bitdefender is compatible with XP 32-bit SP3 http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/inter...%20Requirements

The seemingly frequent amount of update reboots may be due to the patches and fixes being applied to a new and updated product version, and will settle down over time. Do we still need to reboot at times, yes, and that has been discussed here previously in the same regards as your mentioning. Yet, it can be set to prompt of a required reboot by selecting, Settings -> Update -> Postpone reboot.

The work around for now in not deleting a false positive is to set it in, Settings -> Antivirus -> Modify -> Actions -> Move to quarantine, which can then be dealt with at that point i.e. add to exclusions.

Again, as a reseller, I understand you want all this mentioned in your post to occur "right out of the box" as you are not set up to troubleshoot, but I thought I would at least reply to your post.

Kind regards :)

Columbo

• coolcool1227
    Options

As far as I know No Security Suite in the market is bug free. I've used many Security Suites such as Avira, Avast, Eset, Bitdefender,Mcafee, Norton, Kaspersky etc and all have some bugs and issues which are fixed with the help of user feedback. But after using all these, I am using Bitdefender for the last many years because I am comfortable with it. There are also some different reasons other than the bugs that irritate the user after installation such as system requirement does not meet, previous Antivirus not uninstalled properly etc.

And why the Updates require reboot depends on how the Antivirus is designed and its programming. Usually reboot when the Build is changed, updating/replacing files that are currently in use, or because of some kernel components included etc. However the Technical Support Representative will give you more thorough answer.

• me too used alot of anti virus before.. but bitdefender have the worst bug which give me a ######..

• columbo
    Options

Dittos ONT, with me also as far as your experience with AVs and your observations.

Those companies that seemingly have no problems at all, maybe there not pushing the envelope as far as trying to go further and better in the whole dynamic protection of PC security as Bitdefender does.

It is against forum rules to do comparisons, and I will not do that, but just to say you can see for yourself on page 8 of this link that Bitdefender is consistently on the top of their game (and charts), with less user intervention of found "infected" files (which could be confusing to an average user of "what do I do", thus my thought in post #2, is to set to quarantine, and find out on a forum etc.). Also, in general, Bitdefender has a very low number of false positives. That information too, can be found from the same web site, which I personally, consider to be the gold standard of AV testing.

Sorry, bilbo, I'm not trying to pile on with what ONT said, but just to confirm it with my experience as a customer/user of Bitdefender.

:)

• alexx69
    Options

Hello for everyone,

Any software can have more or less problems in the course of a cycle of one year. Quality communication between users and technical support services, can improve stability and functionality through upgrades. My opinion is that Bitdefender it works pretty well and after some time with quality responses and with simple advices (not all of us computer experts) solves most issues of their customers.The fact is that in this way thinks a lot more professional and lot more competent people than us who write on the forum topics. Everyone has the right to present their dissatisfaction publicly but my personal opinion is that it has a bit of exaggeration in this. With a little more patience, a lot of things could will be improve. Link placed by columbo, explains a lot.

Greetings to all ;)

• alexx69
    Options
    we are resellers of BD after years of reselling eset's simple solution. The headaches caused by 2013 BD have been enough to almost switch back and we are still reviewing this to see if things improve.

Safe Pay for example doesn't work, or is random.

BD doesn't work on xp.

why do updates require a restart so often? This is not something we seen with eset and is a big complaint with our customers.

BD refers to cookies as critical alerts.

There are false positives that delete critical systems on several PC's to date on the new versions.

Hi bilbo,

This part of the Bitdefender forum is intended exclusively for Home & Home Office Protection. You as a Bitdefender business partner , namely reseller, surely you have better ways to express their dissatisfaction than posting topic on this forum. I'm sure you know it(like business partner of course) . I wish I was a "RESELLER" like you bilbo :)

Best regards and i wish you lot of satisfied customers :)

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options

Hello everyone :)

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Most of the questions received some answers, and we are glad that some or our users know these things(and I am now referring to Scott and Omer :) ).

Now regarding Safepay, the product will detect only financial institutions, but you can use it to browser any website to make payments. If you found a website that is not in our database, please post it here and we will add it.

The user will receive the Reboot message in Events only after a product update, you received the details in the other posts.

Regarding cookies, you have here a dedicated KB article: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=33811

If you encounter any False Positives, you can always report them here: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=138 and if you want to avoid them in the future make these settings in the product and all the files will be sent to quarantine:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=147897

Thank you!