Bsod On Scan

This was the first scan attempt since installing BD AV plus 2012. The error reported on reboot is:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 116

BCP1: FFFFFA800B7AD4E0

BCP2: FFFFF8800F7EE280

BCP3: 0000000000000000

BCP4: 0000000000000002

OS Version: 6_1_7601

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 256_1

I tried three times and crashed three times. Win7Pro 64bit (12 meg ram recently added)

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hi :)

I think I have a solution for your case.

As the new Bitdefender 2013 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2013 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

Please check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=42

After you install the new version, if needed, we will continue the conversation on the new area from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=293

Thank you.

• shpshftr@netzero.net
    edited August 2012
    Hi :)

As the new Bitdefender 2013 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2013 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

2013 was crashing too when it was first released and why I went back to 2012. Here's the thing. I don't want "New Features!" I want a really simple, reliable antivirus. Norton and McAfee did the same thing. First they had an excellent antivirus product (reliable and effective) then they went all corporate and just had to "Improve" on it. Next thing you know they have a firewall, and a myriad of "new options" a "Security Suite" to be "all things to all people" and just trashed the product.

Many companies make the same mistake, Zone Alarm comes to mind, Then

comes the Eye candy and "options" no one ever uses or can figure out for that matter Every time you release a new version holly ###### breaks loose. It's why I never get licenses longer than one year because by the "Next release" the program may be 500mb+ with 100's of options I'll never use or even look at, crashing more than protecting. I don't want to deal with problems and support forums that cost me more time and money. I don't want to "figure it out" I want it to do a good job, it's not a game console or a toy to tinker with, it's protection so I can play and tinker with things I like not problems you have!

I'll try 2013 once again because BD has been a decent product up until these last 2 releases, but I think you are making the same mistake all the others have made.

• 2013 was crashing too when it was first released and why I went back to 2012. Here's the thing. I don't want "New Features!" I want a really simple, reliable antivirus. Norton and McAfee did the same thing. First they had an excellent antivirus product (reliable and effective) then they went all corporate and just had to "Improve" on it. Next thing you know they have a firewall, and a myriad of "new options" a "Security Suite" to be "all things to all people" and just trashed the product.

Many companies make the same mistake, Zone Alarm comes to mind, Then

comes the Eye candy and "options" no one ever uses or can figure out for that matter Every time you release a new version holly ###### breaks loose. It's why I never get licenses longer than one year because by the "Next release" the program may be 500mb+ with 100's of options I'll never use or even look at, crashing more than protecting. I don't want to deal with problems and support forums that cost me more time and money. I don't want to "figure it out" I want it to do a good job, it's not a game console or a toy to tinker with, it's protection so I can play and tinker with things I like not problems you have!

I'll try 2013 once again because BD has been a decent product up until these last 2 releases, but I think you are making the same mistake all the others have made.

Hello shpshftr,

In some things I agree with you, anti- virus software should be protected your system and not to be substitute for a entertainment that could it fill the leisure. But you must be aware that this is the 21st century and to innovations in all areas, hence the anti-virus softwares couldn´t returned back. The world market is too tight for all vendors, therefore a variety of complex innovations can make prevail. The point is only about who will be in that great struggle for the conquest of the market better from others. I think that Bitdefender in this competition is functioning fairly well. All "children's diseases" that now accompany Bitdefender, could soon be healed , but the quality and reliability will remain and continue. It only takes just a little bit patience. In the end always everything comes into the "Own Place" !

Take care !

• Hi :)

Thank you.

Christian, I started a new thread in Bitdefender 2013 Products/Installation. Got a BSOD on the initial install scan. It did that before when I tried to install it but 2012 was running fine. It's good I keep image backups eh? BD is acting more like a virus these days! :-)

• shpshftr@netzero.net
    edited August 2012
    Hello shpshftr,

In some things I agree with you, anti- virus software should be protected your system and not to be substitute for a entertainment that could it fill the leisure. But you must be aware that this is the 21st century and to innovations in all areas, hence the anti-virus softwares couldn´t returned back. The world market is too tight for all vendors, therefore a variety of complex innovations can make prevail. The point is only about who will be in that great struggle for the conquest of the market better from others. I think that Bitdefender in this competition is functioning fairly well. All "children's diseases" that now accompany Bitdefender, could soon be healed , but the quality and reliability will remain and continue. It only takes just a little bit patience. In the end always everything comes into the "Own Place" !

Take care !

Hello alexx69,

I'm not sure what you're trying to tell me. Is it that we live in a world where corporate "innovation" supersedes functionality? Where "having something new to sell" means that we must compromise simplicity or effectiveness? That the corporate bottom dollar is what motivates companies more than excellence? Where eye candy is the sales point over effectiveness. The prettier it is the more people want it? I totally disagree. with that philosophy.

Personally, I think most people want to install an effective antivirus and forget it. They don't know or care what a ****** is, or a Trojan, or a root kit. They just want it to work. When I take a ride in a cab, I don't want to have to watch whether the driver knows where he's going or how to get somewhere. I don't want to worry about his driving ability. I leave it to him. If I have to get out and fix his car for him or tell him what the speed limit is I'll find another cab. As with BD2013, it crashes my computer on install. Now I am without antivirus on my 64bit machine. What would you do? I mean they take the weekend off here at Bitdefender but I need something that works right now. So, I shop. They don't care about me, why should I be loyal to them?

I say BD should concentrate on one thing, what they do best at ANTIVIRUS. If they want to do a firewall, sell it separately without integration...but the bean counters seem to think that's a lousy idea. So who's running Bitdefender corporate, someone that knows how to write a program that works or some guy that doesn't care if he runs the company into the ground with "innovation." Ha!

My two cents.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

Thank you for your feedback!

We will continue the discussion over here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...c=36710&hl=

Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.