Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Network Attack Blocking

coolcool1227
coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in Firewall

What option other than "Block Port Scan" in the Bitdefender blocks Network Attack/Intrusion by malwares and hackers etc, if we set the Stealth Mode to OFF because there is no Notification or Pop-up appear for the Attack/Intrusion?

Comments

• Any reply?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

Hello :)

All the attacks are blocked silently, we do not want to alert our customers to create panic.

If Windows has all the updates installed, you don't have to worry about worm attacks.

Take care.

• What if someone don't want to or can't update the Windows due to any reason e.g limited bandwidth users?

• Hello ONT

I think, you cannot see the obvious.

If you avoid panic you 'll have clear mind to...reinstall Windows.

This is the advantage of silent function.

P S : Outdated Windows is forbidden

Regards

• Hello ONT

I think, you cannot see the obvious.

If you avoid panic you 'll have clear mind to...reinstall Windows.

This is the advantage of silent function.

P S : Outdated Windows is forbidden

Regards

I know the Pros and Cons of the Silent Security.

PM sent you for more detail.

• Thank you very much ONT. I've already responded to your PM.

Sorry for my satirical genre but with all these - at least - funny answers, to our suggestions for issues (now they call it FAD), I cannot take them seriously anymore.

Regards

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2012

Hi Christian

Would you like tell us which option detect the Network Intrusion/attack from out side and how? Is it Block Port scan option or some other? Since Bitdefender fails to detect the intrusion or attack by Conflicker worm as reported here Buffer Overflow Problem Caused By Conflicker Worm, in which you also didn't reply to the main issue reported whether it is fixed or not and close the topic in a silent way? :rolleyes:

• Thank you very much ONT. I've already responded to your PM.

Didn't receive your PM response.

• Didn't receive your PM response.

Hi ONT

I mean that I've followed the links you provided.

THNX

• Hi Christian

Would you like tell us which option detect the Network Intrusion/attack from out side and how? Is it Block Port scan option or some other? Since Bitdefender fails to detect the intrusion or attack by Conflicker worm as reported here Buffer Overflow Problem Caused By Conflicker Worm, in which you also didn't reply to the main issue reported whether it is fixed or not and close the topic in a silent way? :rolleyes:

Any reply to above?

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Hello :)

All the attacks are blocked silently, we do not want to alert our customers to create panic.

If Windows has all the updates installed, you don't have to worry about worm attacks.

Take care.

Kindly note that in the issue reported here Buffer Overflow Problem Caused By Conflicker Worm, Windows Generic Host Process Error, the system is tested with Bitdefender, Eset and Kaspersky without updating the Windows and with the later ones there occur no such error. So I don't agree with your 2nd statement. You are leaving the issue over the Windows updates. But its actually Bitdefender lacking.

You are also requested to reply above said queries in the previous post.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello,

You're both experienced PC users and, as you know, there are 2 reasons why is very important to keep the security solution software and the operating system up to date: firstly - new malware is found and identified every day; secondly - many forms of malware are designed to infect systems by exploiting their vulnerabilities, such as missing operating system updates or outdated applications.

This is the main reason why we even implemented the Vulnerability module in all the Bitdefender products.

Thank you for posting and please remember the forum rules

• Hello,

You're both experienced PC users and, as you know, there are 2 reasons why is very important to keep the security solution software and the operating system up to date: firstly - new malware is found and identified every day; secondly - many forms of malware are designed to infect systems by exploiting their vulnerabilities, such as missing operating system updates or outdated applications.

This is the main reason why we even implemented the Vulnerability module in all the Bitdefender products.

Thank you for posting and please remember the forum rules

You obvioulsy better know about the Address space layout randomization (ASLR) and similar technologies that can be beneficial in this case.

Either its my lacking to make technical support understand about the issue I posted here in this thread and the one in the Buffer Overflow post or what I can say else ?

And by the way kindly also reply the first post of this thread.

• Any reply?.....

There are other security solutions available that can protect the system even if the OS and the applications running on it haven’t been updated with the latest fixes/updates by the behavioral analysis of executables/applications etc for any malicious programs like behavior etc.