Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Total Security 2012 Slows My Computer...

Options
ccchhhrrriiisss
edited August 2012 in General

Hello,

I purchased Bitdefender Total Security 2012 about a month ago. Prior to that, I used Microsoft Security Essentials, Ad-Aware, Windows Defender and Malwarebites Anti-Malware. Prior (and during) the installation, I was prompted to uninstall those programs. They were all removed.

My computer:

Windows XP Home Edition SP3 (32 bit)

Pentium 4 HT

3.2 GHz

2 GB RAM

Bitdefender Total Security 2012 Build 15.0.38.1605

Antimalware Engine Properties

Virus Signatures: 7523133

Engine Version: 7.43170

Unfortunately, my computer runs with quite a bit of lag now. It is sluggish when opening web pages. It is sluggish upon startup. It is sluggish when opening other programs. While I expected a bit of lag with this, I am extremely disappointed with the amount that I experience with this program.

My greatest frustration is with the sluggish nature when surfing the net. Sometimes, the internet just freezes (cursor will not move) and I will have to wait a while to use it...after which point it seems to operate well. Also, video streaming playback is EXTREMELY sluggish. I never had this problem prior to installing Bitdefender Total Security 2012.

At this point, I am just going to see if anyone here can help. While I am happy that my machine is "protected," I am not happy to the point of the lag and sluggish behavior that I must endure for that "protection."

Is this "normal" with Bitdefender Total Security 2012?

If no one here can guide me through this and help get my PC to run more smoothly, then I will simply uninstall Bitdefender. I paid nearly $80 for this at Fry's and it is too late to return it. However, I am so disappointed with this that I am willing to count it as a loss and simply reinstall Microsoft Security Essentials.

However, I would love to get this working correctly (if there is some type of conflict with this). Is there anything that I can do to get this working properly?

:blink:

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Welcome to the forums!

I think I have a solution for your case.

As the new Bitdefender 2013 product suite was released, we would like to inform you that you benefit from a FREE upgrade to the latest version.

Apart from the fact that the 2013 suite brings lots of new features and improvements, it will most likely solve any issues that you may have encountered with your previous Bitdefender product.

Please check out this announcement:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=241&id=42

After you install the new version, if needed, we will continue the conversation on the new area from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=293

Thank you.

• ccchhhrrriiisss
    edited August 2012
    Options

I followed the instructions on the link that you sent...but it is now asking for my license key. This is odd since the instructions specifically said that "the installer will automatically retrieve your license key."

I sent the physical software that I purchased to my wife (who is currently out of state).

This is frustrating. My BitDefender Total Security 2013 console tells me that I have 30 days to purchase. Can't BitDefender even get this right?

:wacko:

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options

Hi Chris :)

I will send you new instructions for this via PM.

Have a great weekend!