Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Problem Installing Printer Software/cd

Options

I installed Bitdefender Total Security 2013 last month and initially had some problems that were corrected. However, I still got an error message about my scanner/printer. I tried uninstalling my printer and now when I try to reinstall software/CD for the printer, Bitdefender recognizes a new device (CD drive) and starts scanning the drive/CD. I have tried this multiple times and I can't get the software to install so I have full use of my printer(scanning option with image editor). I have been wanting to update my printer but don't know how I would get the CD installed. How do I disable Bitdefender so I could install the new software/CD?

Comments

• I installed Bitdefender Total Security 2013 last month and initially had some problems that were corrected. However, I still got an error message about my scanner/printer. I tried uninstalling my printer and now when I try to reinstall software/CD for the printer, Bitdefender recognizes a new device (CD drive) and starts scanning the drive/CD. I have tried this multiple times and I can't get the software to install so I have full use of my printer(scanning option with image editor). I have been wanting to update my printer but don't know how I would get the CD installed. How do I disable Bitdefender so I could install the new software/CD?

Try this:

- go to AntiVirus Settings --> Exclusions

and disable autoscan where needed

post-107140-1345614781_thumb.jpg

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

The best method for scanning external devices is to set them to prompt like here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35503

Let me know if this solves the issue and you are able to install that software.

Take care.

• Thanks so much for the quick replies. !! I can now put a CD in and use normally.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

I am glad to hear that!

Since this was resolved, I declare the topic closed.

Have a great weekend!