Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Upgrading From Bitdefender 2012 Is To 2013 Ts

Options

Hi,

Long time Bitdefender user first time poster.

I'm thinking of either buying Bitdefender Total Security or Internet Security 2013 tonight depending on the response I get from this thread. I currenlty have about 90-100 days left on my Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 key.

I'm trying to figure out how I can add those 90 days to my new Total Security 2013?

Would it work if I uninstalled Internet Security 2013 and re-installed Total Security 2013 with the new key and then added the old 2012 key for the added 3 months of support? Just wondering if this can be done.

Thanks,

Op

Comments

• alexx69
    Options

Hello Optimus2,

I admit that your question is very interesting, but I'm sure that Christian will find the best solution for you.

Take care.

• columbo
    Options

HI Optimus2, and welcome :)

In short, when you upgrade to the next tier of security solution, in this case from Internet Security to Total Security, you will lose approx. 2 months? You can do it, but you will lose some time. If you stay with the same Security Suite, your remaining time will stay the same. Christian can confirm how many days you would lose.

So for now, I would just hold tight for that info. if you really wanted to go with the Total Security.

Best regards,

Columbo

• HI Optimus2, and welcome :)

In short, when you upgrade to the next tier of security solution, in this case from Internet Security to Total Security, you will lose approx. 2 months? You can do it, but you will lose some time. If you stay with the same Security Suite, your remaining time will stay the same. Christian can confirm how many days you would lose.

So for now, I would just hold tight for that info. if you really wanted to go with the Total Security.

Best regards,

Columbo

Thank you that sounds good. I was thinking of going with Internet Security again anyway. I think I will just stick IS 20113 since it has always worked well for me.

Cheers and have a great weekend!

• columbo
    Options

Even I need to clarify myself once in awhile ;) as when I mentioned above about If you stay with the same Security Suite, I meant same for same, i.e. Suite for Suite, Total Security for Total Security, as you are well aware of in using Bitdefender, that yearly upgrades to the newest version that you are using, 2012 to the 2013 version, is free.

• columbo
    Options

You're welcome...I tend to be like you, a Security suite is as far as I like to go, without getting all the extras and add-ons that I may not need in the next tier solution.

Cheers to you too friend, and have a good weekend :)

Columbo

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options

Hello :)

If you want to add those days to the new license, please send me the keys via PM and your email address and I will make the changes in the system(merge those keys into 1).

DO NOT POST THE DATA ON THE FORUMS!

Thank you!

• columbo
    Options

Would he lose days from upgrading from the Suite that he now has, to the Total Security he was inquiring about? It seemed that even in my case, going from the AV+ to the Security Suite, I lost some days with the upgrade. Could you please clarify that for me (us)?

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options

Hello :)

I can provide a final answer only after searching the keys/the account in the database.

For older customers, we usually merge keys from different products just to show our appreciation.

Thank you!