Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Sqlite And Seccenter Problem, Won't Instal

Options

I recently bought 3 user Total Security. I tried installing on my 6 year old 32 bit desktop but it would not install. I then tried on a new 64 bit laptop and it installed fine.

So, assuming the fault was with my desktop, I cleaned the hard drive and reinstalled Windows 7 to start from scratch. I also followed the advice on another board here to instal C++ redistributable service pack 1, although it turned out I had already had it anyway. I got exactly the same problems as before, namely:

1. A pop up window announced, "program cannot start because sqlite3.dll is missing."

2. A few seconds later another pop up window announced, "windows cannot find C:\program files\bitdefender\bitdefender2013\seccenter.exe

3. After closing those pop up windows, I got a notice saying, "Bitdefender has been successfully installed." (!!!!!)

4. However this was incorrect. The desktop icon didn't look right, and when I double clicked it, I got the same old "program cannot start because sqlite3.dll is missing" message.

I've been using Bitdefender for some years now without major difficulty. But I've got to say, I'm REALLY not happy with the enormous amount of time wasted on this unsuccessful installation attempt.

Comments