Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Features In Bd Total Security 2013

Options

I was a KIS user for many years and just recently converted to Bitdefender Total Security 2013

and was wondering about some features that may or may not be included in this program.

1) Is there a rootkit scanner included?

2) Is there a Sandbox available or does BD provide sufficient protection that it's not required?

It's often a good idea and a safe one to test files/programs in a virtual environment, aka a sandbox, to avoid any infected

same from spreading throughout your system, causing irreparable damage!

3) Haven't noticed a Quarantine area in the program, so am I safe to assume that BD simply deletes

any nasties that it finds?

Some files can be cleaned or disinfected, meaning that it's not necessary to dump them, then have to re install

them again!

Comments

• 1. Yes

2. Yes. It is a part of AVC

3. 0ebd0b2c66.jpg

• alexx69
    Options

Hello Midnight,

For each case to make clarify things. :)

post-105258-1347283892_thumb.jpg

• 1. Yes

2. Yes. It is a part of AVC

3. 0ebd0b2c66.jpg

Thanks for the reply.

I was aware of the Quarantine feature, although I forgot about it. Silly me! :o

Still have no idea about the Rootkit Scanner, if there is one and the Sandbox!

I'll have to dig further, I suppose! :D

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

All Bitdefender products have an anti-rootkit component included in the engines and when you run a Full System Scan it will scan for hidden elements.

Take care.