Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Delivery Error Msgs From Spam Sent To Others

Options

All email sent to my domain (e.g., familyname.com) comes to my inbox. No matter whether tom@familyname.com, jane@familyname.com, or whatever.

Spammers have sent mail to others, and identified it as coming from various email aliases at my domain (e.g., harry@familyname.com). The receiving mail servers often bounce these mails, e.g., because the delivery alias doesn’t exist at that domain.

All those bounce-back mails clutter my inbox, and aren’t reliably flagged as spam.

Does anyone have any suggestion as to how BD might be configured to help identify these mails as spam? (Naturally, I don’t want all bounce-back mails to be flagged, in case I mis-address a mail, and it gets bounced-back).

(‘Seems a tough problem to solve…)

tnx

Comments

• Niels
    Niels
    edited January 2008
    Options

Dear stego

I recommend that you try this open your email client press on friend enter now all your aliases and press on the add button which looks like an arrow press on apply and ok. Now press on spammers select domain name and enter this rule *@ familyname.com (you have to change it to the real address). If you do this you will still receive the mails that came from the address that you added to the friends list. If mails aren't spam you can always select them and press on not spam.

Best regards

Niels