Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

The Reputation Technology

Options

Tell us more, as it is implemented in Bitdefender.

Thank you.

Comments

• Paul.R
    Paul.R ✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options

Hi! :)

Sorry for my bad english, I use google translate. Christian wrote that:

Application Reputation is a new component introduced in Bitdefender 2013. This has implications for how the main interface and is connected with certain components of the system and known applications (from manufacturers like Microsoft, Adobe, etc.). Thus, if files and programs are stored in the form supplied by the manufacturer (unaltered user or another program), they will not be monitored product, thus improving overall performance.

When a file is changed, the module will automatically send the file to the engines to be scanned.

Have a nice day!

• Rampant
    Rampant ✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options

If we look at how it is implemented from other vendors, this technology should be implemented on the basis of user feedback, the Bitdefender this is not so, and I do not understand how this technology works.

• coolcool1227
    Options

So there would be separate option for Whitelisted applications (approved/tested By Bitdefender labs) and User Reputed applications (from User feedback) then. And the later one also should have the option to send them BD Labs for testing.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello :)

Application Reputation was implemented in the product and it was designed to function without user intervention.

Basically it will use only our databases. In this way, we can avoid False Positives and Negatives.

Have a great weekend!