Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Cannot Install Bit Defender Total Security

Options
dakota44
edited October 2012 in Installation

I have been trying for a month, off and on, to install Bitdefender 2013 total security (on Windows 7 32bit), to no avail. The install process stalls. It completes the top bar for uninstall 100% and then stalls at 25% on the lower install bar. Worse, you cannot close it. It will not let you. I literally need to shut down the laptop to stop it. I have done the uninstall process from the link provided on this forum and yet it does not seem to completely uninstall and there are no check marks beside "executing additional tools" and "terminating processes". I know this because when I try to re-install it says there is another bitdefender already installed. To be honest, I am about fed up. I have used bitdefender for many years and this is frustrating. I am downloading the offline installer to see if that works. If not, I sure hope someone can resolve this for me or arrange a refund. Thanks.

Comments

• I have been trying for a month, off and on, to install Bitdefender 2013 total security (on Windows 7 32bit), to no avail. The install process stalls. It completes the top bar for uninstall 100% and then stalls at 25% on the lower install bar. Worse, you cannot close it. It will not let you. I literally need to shut down the laptop to stop it. I have done the uninstall process from the link provided on this forum and yet it does not seem to completely uninstall and there are no check marks beside "executing additional tools" and "terminating processes". I know this because when I try to re-install it says there is another bitdefender already installed. To be honest, I am about fed up. I have used bitdefender for many years and this is frustrating. I am downloading the offline installer to see if that works. If not, I sure hope someone can resolve this for me or arrange a refund. Thanks.

I am having the same problem.

I installed Bitdefender 2012 Total security a while ago. When I went to upgrade to 2013 the installer crashes.

I am running Windows 7 x64.

I wish I just stayed with 2012 installed on my pc....

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options

Hello :)

Did you tried to use the offline kit available here?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35494

Take care.