Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

And Now Another Problem

Options
norrik
edited October 2012 in Firewall

...on windows 8!Bought Bitdefender because you say it's compatible with it...but no matter what settings i choose for the firewall,the standard metro apps don't work as they should.Tried every possible settings combination and still at best apps will work but won't update their content.And that with settings to trusted which i don't feel is the safest way to have.Checked firewal rules and it's allowed but it won't update!Problem is gonne as soon as i uninstall Bitdefender.Can't believe i paid for a product and now i have so many problems that i prefer to uninstall it and use the windows defender+firewall.And the even worse part is the support!I posted 3 threads and still no answer

Comments

• ...on windows 8!Bought Bitdefender because you say it's compatible with it...but no matter what settings i choose for the firewall,the standard metro apps don't work as they should.Tried every possible settings combination and still at best apps will work but won't update their content.And that with settings to trusted which i don't feel is the safest way to have.Checked firewal rules and it's allowed but it won't update!Problem is gonne as soon as i uninstall Bitdefender.Can't believe i paid for a product and now i have so many problems that i prefer to uninstall it and use the windows defender+firewall.And the even worse part is the support!I posted 3 threads and still no answer

Good luck with it. My brother was having so much problem with it. He email support many times but never did get an answer although it receive a generated response and say will reply within 24-48 hours. He waited for weeks turns into months. So he decided to do like you uninstall and use windows+firewall until he can get a replacement. He also throw the cd in fire and burn real good. I would say this program is a 1 star rated. I do not recommend to anybody.

• In case it's a fault in my configuration..could someone using windows 8 x64 tell me if he/she managed to keep the metro apps live update thing with bitdefender total security?

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

A product update was released. Your build should be 16.24.0.1682(please right click on Bitdefender icon from system tray-near the clock-and choose "About". You should see in the left side the build number).

In order for the product update to be installed, you need to reboot your machine(you should see in the Events -> "Reboot required" under the Update module).

Changelog:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=164968

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35499

Let me know if the situation is solved.

Have a nice day.