Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How To Setup Firewall To Allow User Control?

Options

Bitdefender Total Security 2013 auto allows a programs access and makes a rule auto in the firewall.

I remember using Bitdefender Internet Security 2009, on the default settings, every program that i just download and install it ask what options i want to do either allow access or block.

On the main page it displays the threats detected and threats cleaned.

Now with 2013, it looks like its targeted for little kids.

Question: How do i set total security 2013 so that i can have control?

And how do i setup Bitdefender so that if i go to a bad website Bitdefender will auto block the website?

Is there a guide on what windows registry am i suppose to allow or which ones can i block?

I have a PC specially made just for online banking. This is why i brought Total Security 2013 - safepay and the top quality antivirus.

Comments

• pozzo
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Bitdefender Total Security 2013 auto allows a programs access and makes a rule auto in the firewall.

I remember using Bitdefender Internet Security 2009, on the default settings, every program that i just download and install it ask what options i want to do either allow access or block.

On the main page it displays the threats detected and threats cleaned.

Question: How do i set total security 2013 so that i can have control?

And how do i setup Bitdefender so that if i go to a bad website Bitdefender will auto block the website?

Is there a guide on what windows registry am i suppose to allow or which ones can i block?

I have a PC specially made just for online banking. This is why i brought Total Security 2013 - safepay and the top quality antivirus.

I think they have weakened the 'Paranoid mode', and it auto allows digitally signed files by itself! It's a real shame that the BDIS is doing away with such good and essential features with every new version releases :blink: ... I mean, we should be able to decide what we allow or block, we are,indeed, not children as you say. BD team, please do something about this, the majority wants old type trusty 'Paranoid Mode' back -_- or even better 2011 type firewall total control.

• coolcool1227
    Options

Hahaha...I totally agree with you. By the way the little kids are not infected with computer viruses rather with biological viruses.

I think they have weakened the 'Paranoid mode', and it auto allows digitally signed files by itself! It's a real shame that the BDIS is doing away with such good and essential features with every new version releases :blink: ... I mean, we should be able to decide what we allow or block, we are,indeed, not children as you say. BD team, please do something about this, the majority wants old type trusty 'Paranoid Mode' back -_- or even better 2011 type firewall total control.

I voted for this. Bitdefender now reluctant to give any control over the product to the users even in so called User and Paranoid modes. Every other security programs designing the product for advanced as well as novice users, but Bitdefender is doing against and lacks a lot in a basic level customizing of the major protection options.