Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Av 2008 Says Popcaploader.dll Is A Application.downloader.abj

Options

I'm new to BD AV having giving up on the performance drain of NAV. I installed BD AV on the two Windows machines at home and now my wife is complaining that she can't play some of the games on PopCap Games. Chuzzle is one example, http://www.popcap.com/games/free/chuzzle. BD AV is blocking the PopCap ActiveX control that downloads the game components. This has to be a false positive. NAV never had a problem with it. What can I do to so my wife can play her games again?

Chris

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello Chris,

I attached the file that you are talking about. One of the BD Virus Analysts will take a look at it and give you the verdict ;)

Cris.

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=1333" data-fileid="1333" rel="">popcaploader_v10.zip

• Detection will be removed in a few hours.

• Detection will be removed in a few hours.

Excellent. I appreciate the quick response time.

Chris

• Excellent. I appreciate the quick response time.

Chris

I ran Update Now and it is still reporting the PopCap DLL as a Application.Downloader.ABJ. Has the update been published yet?

Chris

• Files are no longer detected.

• Files are no longer detected.

I agree. Thank you for fixing this.

Chris

• My pleasure. I didn't actually fix it, it was one of my colleagues. I was just the messenger ;-)

Best regards.

• I'm still having trouble with this. When I go to pogo.com and try to play Zuma it is blocking popcaploader.dll

• I've also been havng this problem where it won't let me play Chuzzle. When I try to play it, BitDefender pops up in the corner and says that PopCapLoader.dll is a Trojan.Generic.353177 and just deletes it. I'm trying to play this through MSN Games. It only started doing this two days ago, when I had to do a repair of BitDefender, but it had let me play it before without any incident. What's going on? I thought this was supposed to have been fixed?

• alexcrist
    Options

It was fixed... somehow, it was signed again, I have no idea how.

FP reported (again), so it should be cleared once again in one of the future updates. Thanks for reporting it. :)

Cris.

• danton
    Options

Trojan.Generic.353177 detection will be removed in a few hours.

Have a nice day.

• BD 2009 did a deep scan today and listed Application.Downloader.ABJ as a threat that could not be removed. Reading the thread of replies on this topic and other sources on line tells me its a Popcap issue and not something to worry to much about. But why is this showing up if it was removed from the BD Threat List in January and again in July. Is Popcaps updating their program periodically and is that making this appear as a new threat? Whatever the cause, can the BD Tech team please address it. Thanks.

• BD 2009 did a deep scan today and listed Application.Downloader.ABJ as a threat that could not be removed. Reading the thread of replies on this topic and other sources on line tells me its a Popcap issue and not something to worry to much about. But why is this showing up if it was removed from the BD Threat List in January and again in July. Is Popcaps updating their program periodically and is that making this appear as a new threat? Whatever the cause, can the BD Tech team please address it. Thanks.

I am having the same problem that BD finds it but will not remove. I believe it is a false positive. Here is what I'm getting.

[system]=]HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\TYPELIB\{C9C5DEAF-0A1F-4660-8279-9EDFAD6FEFE1}\1.0\0\WIN32\=]C:\WINDOWS\DOWNLOADED PROGRAM FILES\POPCAPLOADER.DLL

Need some help.

• rootkit
    Options

Please pack the file(s) in an archive, protected with the password infected.

Attach the archive in your next post here.(if it's too big, upload it on www.rapidshare.com or other server and leave here the download link).

C:\WINDOWS\DOWNLOADED PROGRAM FILES\POPCAPLOADER.DLL
  • Please pack the file(s) in an archive, protected with the password infected.

Attach the archive in your next post here.(if it's too big, upload it on www.rapidshare.com or other server and leave here the download link).

Newbie! Not sure how to do that! Can you walk me through that?
  • csalgau
    Options

Detection should be removed with the next update

• Detection should be removed with the next update

That worked. Thanks

• While attempting to play Bejeweled 2 on pogo.com, BD 2008 IS throws a block on Adware.Generic.44895 for PopCapLoader.dll. This is probably a new version of the same issue listed above.

PopCap Games uses several active versions of the same DLL based on which service is providing the game hosting. One update from PopCap Games may result in several PopCapLoader.dll's.

Please let me know if you need the file to prevent the blocking of this dll.

• While attempting to play Bejeweled 2 on pogo.com, BD 2008 IS throws a block on Adware.Generic.44895 for PopCapLoader.dll. This is probably a new version of the same issue listed above.

PopCap Games uses several active versions of the same DLL based on which service is providing the game hosting. One update from PopCap Games may result in several PopCapLoader.dll's.

Please let me know if you need the file to prevent the blocking of this dll.

Here is another file causing a false positive.

C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\popcaploader.dll.

This file is for playing MSN games. Can BD fix?

• csalgau
    csalgau ✭✭
    edited December 2008
    Options

Detection scheduled for removal. thank you.