Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

2013 Installation Troubles

Options

Hey guys/gals,

I bought a copy of BD 2013, and whenever I try to install it, I get all the way through, only to receive "The application cannot start, error code (0xc000007b)" or something similar, if anyone can help me, it would be much appreciated, thank you!

Comments

• rootkit
    Options

Hello :)

Have you tried to use the offline installation kit from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35494

Take care.

• Same problem!!!!! Have unistalled old version umteen dozen times because BDTS 2013 tells me there is a previous version that needs to be uninstalled, even though there is NOTHING showing up under programs. Was unable to load from BD website, or by using the link in the email so waited for disc. Still same problem. Now I have the same message "The exception unknown software exception (.........) occurred in the application at location .........".

Frustrating! Surely this should be a simple task of uninstalling old versions and installing the new one, but judging by the forum posts I guess not! Is it too cynical to suggest the BD may be trying to "encourage" us to purchase "Premium Services" so that one of their technicians can "Install and Configure Your Software For You.......The Easy Way to Get Up and Running.....FAST". All that for another AUD$50 (or more depending on the level of support you wish to purchase).

Perhaps I could invoice BD for the time I have spent trying to resolve these issues?

• Hello :)

Have you tried to use the offline installation kit from here:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35494

Take care.

Hey Christian, tried that, and it didn't work, still in the same position :/

• guess their is no need for me to ask same question since there is no answer "The application cannot start, error code (0xc000007b)"

• Hi Christian,

Finally got BDTS 2013 installed HOWEVER there seems to be some major conflicts.

Computer has frozen, then shut down on three occassions in the last three hours, on one occassion tonight the computer has frozen momentarily before resizing the desktop to about 400% larger icons that normal. Getting message "application has generated an exception that could not be handled.........Process ID:........ Thread ID:......... Click OK to terminate the applications, Click CANCEL to debug the application".

Also having difficulty accessing Word, getting a message saying BD does not support windows applications or some such thing, with the advise to uninstall (windows) and try to reinstall it. NEVER had any troubles at all like this before, not even with BD 2011 which I was using previously.

Am hugely disappointed. Any suggestions would be appreciated to fix the problem, but if the only fix is to uninstall BD and try to install it again I will have to give BD a big miss as I am not willing to spend hours again trying to get a successful installation only to then experience constant error messages and shutdowns.

• rootkit
    Options

Hi :)

Please follow the steps explained in the article below and send me via PM the generated log file:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=29927

If the file is too big to attach it, upload it on

http://www.sendspace.com

or

http://www.mediafire.com

and send me a PM with the download link.

If you were already asked to generate the log file, disregard the message above and just post the ticket ID.

Have a nice day.

• Hey guys/gals,

I bought a copy of BD 2013, and whenever I try to install it, I get all the way through, only to receive "The application cannot start, error code (0xc000007b)" or something similar, if anyone can help me, it would be much appreciated, thank you!

Hi I may be out of line with my 2 cents but I had a simular issue on one of my boxes, I solved this with a full uninstall make sure that the folder is gone! delete if it is still there (use safe mode if you have an issue) then download and run the CCleaner and clean out your registy (I rebooted after this was done 2 time incase it missed something the first time "it did") I then reinstalled it with out a problem.

on another box I had a differant issue but it was server side so I had them help me, with in an hour I could log in Thanks Christian for that :)

I hope this helps you, its a good thing to follow these steps whenever you install anything as well as turn off everything not nessasary to the install of the app if you have windows defender installed then this must be removed before install will work BD should do this for you.

Good Luck

Happy New Year

Guy

• Same problem!!!!! Have unistalled old version umteen dozen times because BDTS 2013 tells me there is a previous version that needs to be uninstalled, even though there is NOTHING showing up under programs. Was unable to load from BD website, or by using the link in the email so waited for disc. Still same problem. Now I have the same message "The exception unknown software exception (.........) occurred in the application at location .........".

Frustrating! Surely this should be a simple task of uninstalling old versions and installing the new one, but judging by the forum posts I guess not! Is it too cynical to suggest the BD may be trying to "encourage" us to purchase "Premium Services" so that one of their technicians can "Install and Configure Your Software For You.......The Easy Way to Get Up and Running.....FAST". All that for another AUD$50 (or more depending on the level of support you wish to purchase).

Perhaps I could invoice BD for the time I have spent trying to resolve these issues?

Absolutely correct I feel, the customer help person was great but there is no way the 2013 will load on my PC, why on earth would we need to un-install a previous version which then leaves us unprotected.

The 2010 loads fine, 2011 loads fine, the 2012 loads fine but 2013 keeps finding (or saying) I must remove Karpesky which is already gone.

The Karp tool supposedly removed any traces, various programs can not find any trace and the registry clean yet every time I get the same message.

The help desk suggests that I let them access my PC remotely to try and fix the problem, that is not an option :-)

• Absolutely correct I feel, the customer help person was great but there is no way the 2013 will load on my PC, why on earth would we need to un-install a previous version which then leaves us unprotected.

The 2010 loads fine, 2011 loads fine, the 2012 loads fine but 2013 keeps finding (or saying) I must remove Karpesky which is already gone.

The Karp tool supposedly removed any traces, various programs can not find any trace and the registry clean yet every time I get the same message.

The help desk suggests that I let them access my PC remotely to try and fix the problem, that is not an option :-)

Hi Again:

Well I would change your mind, its obvious that bit defender found traces of the old software still on your drive, this is common so the company still has a foot in the door so to speak. CCleaner won't really find a problem in your registry if the code is pointing to an active file, so it won't remove it as a dead line of code, there tech will have done this many times before so unless you know how to remove this stuff on your own you may want to have them do it you can lock them out again after. here is one thing you can do open your registry and do a search for the name of the app, however its a bit more complicated than just that as some files will be in non named code lines like (6387394756382ndj838) that's just a BS line but you get the point, the other thing you can do is look for the old folder and see if any files are still there, and delete them You may need to boot to safe mode to do this. Norton also did this kind of thing in the past. Another place they hide files is in the windows\ system(32) folders.

FYI the new 2013 bit defender is a bit different than the 2012 as it wants all apps that can inter-fear with its performance to be off your box including Microsoft's solution. Your problem could be many files or just one file, and the file could be hidden and or write protected, As I said you should give them access to the box as they will have done this before and will have you running in no time. If you can't do it on your own and refuse there help then you can always format and re-install your windows. I have used a lot of different antivirus solutions in the past over many years and I do like this company for the trade off for 99.X % of finding viruses and the footprint on my computer (I would like to see a kill for scans that are known to be safe) And think about it do you really want to trust this software if it aloud Karpesky to leave a key-logger or web tracker on your PC ? or to let software run at the same time that has always conflicted with similar apps like running 2 firewalls would slow you down a lot if not block out some sites as they fight for control of your box. As I said the best way is to let them do it (if its banking info your worried about just backup to disk and delete then run CCleaner for software and reg. unless you have exceptions in place you will have removed all passwords. That's the best I can do for you. Or you can go back to Karpesky however if you used there uninstall tool and it still left apps in play .. well up to you.

Good luck

Guy

• coolcool1227
    Options

Try this suggested procedure from here

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=170392

• Georgia
    Options

Hello guys, as you might know by now, this error code occurs when Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package is not properly configured. A quick fix for the issue is described in this KB articke:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-...C2%B2-1106.html

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thank you! :)