Installation & Registration Process

I purchased BitDefender Antivirus 2008 this morning, but I found the installation and registration process very frustrating. During installation, a screen came up that said my version was a free version even though I just purchased it online. Well, I stopped the install process and tried once more, but again I was told I had the free version.

I gave up and called the Technical Support people. They sent an email that had a link to an uninstall tool and link to a new download. During the second installation, the same screen came up telling me I had the free version. I decided to ignore that and continue with the install.

A screen asked for a "license" number. I had nothing called a "license" number.! I did have a "serial number"! I had no "unlock code" or a "key" or "license number" either. I was told by Technical Support that the "serial number", "key" and "license number" are all the same thing! :blink: :blink: It just depends on what screen you're looking at or which email you're reading as to what they call it.

I would be unendingly helpful if Bit Defender would go through and clean up terminology used in the registration and installation process. They might try and cut down all the email too. There's also a need to review and change the terms used in the emails that are sent for the confirmation and registration purposes. That can't be difficult. I received at least three different emails telling me about the confirmation and registration processes! I'm still not sure if I'm registered properly.

How confusing. It also makes the installation process annoying, overly complicated, and far too time consuming. I'm hoping using the software is not as frustrating! To my great relief, it only took 10 minutes to download, install, and register Spyware Doctor. Hooray! There was no registration process for me to wade through either; Spyware Doctor automatically did it all! BitDefender Antivirus 2008 took me four hours to download and install and I'm still not sure if I'm registered properly. :huh:

I'm sorry about the complaints, but all this could be cleared up so easily. Certainly the number of phone calls to your Tech people could be cut way back a whole lot!